Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
What is the tablet price for combo dealers?

Can we refund contributions for 1 dollar?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Update from Jolla blog

*Update* We have just recently shipped a batch of 77 devices to backers who earlier confirmed their order in the Jolla Shop. "

Does this mean that they are sending out 77 to people that ordered via the shop ie not original indigiogo backers or do they mean the original indigogo backers who have confirmed that they still want a tablet via the shop?

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by billranton View Post
That's a bit intense. Did you consider greylisting? That's a little less in-your-face, while still weeding out all the spam relays.
I have no idea if my forwarding service supports that. I've honestly had no reason to touch the configuration in years, and the config page isn't responding today to check.

I do see that I have received emails from Jolla before, but none since October, the "Jolla Tablet: Important news from the helm" message, which seems to have originated with the mail chimp mailing list service. Has anyone else been getting other Jolla Tablet IGG campaign updates by email since October of 2015?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by zenecho View Post
Update from Jolla blog

*Update* We have just recently shipped a batch of 77 devices to backers who earlier confirmed their order in the Jolla Shop. "

Does this mean that they are sending out 77 to people that ordered via the shop ie not original indigiogo backers or do they mean the original indigogo backers who have confirmed that they still want a tablet via the shop?
Nope.
IGG backers have to confirm their orders in the shop. They mean INdieGoGos.

This is people who payed tax last year.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by billranton View Post
it sounds like Indiegogo don't really support refunds (so much for all those claims about their terms etc. )
I suspect it is due the campaign already being closed. In other words Indiegogo handles possible refunds until money is transferred to campaign owner at the closure of the campaign.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by att View Post
I suspect it is due the campaign already being closed. In other words Indiegogo handles possible refunds until money is transferred to campaign owner at the closure of the campaign.
Most campaigns that end up failing do so long after the end of the campaign. I think we can assume that refunding at that point isn't something that often occurs.

Originally Posted by att View Post
Yep, IIRC Jolla noted somewhere (comments in blog maybe?) that they recieved a single, large lumpsum from IGG on the campagin close. In other words, Jolla has no access to the actual contributors credit card transaction details that took place on IGG, which is why a direct card refund is impossible/difficult (even ignoring the very long time between the transactions).

Makes the whole paypal thing more understandable.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by zenecho View Post
Update from Jolla blog

No, I think that those are the first IGG backers.

Remember, in the fall there was a first batch of IGG backers invited to finish their purchase (pay VAT) in the Jolla store. Most of them received their tablet, but not all of them.

I am pretty sure the 77 tablets went to these first contributor that have been waiting having already paid the VAT.

Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
Well, do the first thing that comes to mind - write to Jolla!

Just create an issue on Zendesk and then you can normally communicate with the Jolla Care via e-mail. From my experience, they are quite fast to respond recently and have always been helpful. I'm sure they'll take care of that.
What is Zendesk? I've sent messages to them twice through their site, but just by following "contact us" type links. The second time was just today, but the first was long ago....and I got no response.

Last edited by lancewex; 2016-03-02 at 23:19. Reason: A lettter

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by lancewex View Post
What is Zendesk? I've sent messages to them twice through their site, but just by following "contact us" type links. The second time was just today, but the first was long ago....and I got no response.
It's their official support desk. You can find links to it on their site, like here:
https://jolla.com/support/

or you can go straight there:
https://jolla.zendesk.com

Back in the day, you could just write an e-mail to care@jolla.com and an issue on Zendesk would be automatically created, but now you need to do it through the web interface. They should get back to you quite soon, though.

Last edited by nodevel; 2016-03-03 at 08:54.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund