Notices

Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
By the way openssl 1.1.0h is not from me, jonwil did it.

Originally Posted by justmemory View Post
There is one thing I can think of in connection with openssl version...
I doubt this will help here, it should fix console apps.

Rehashing the certificates maybe?
But I guess it has something to do with libqt4.
Try to recompile the applications or install my debs, I did it with some (experimental):
http://www.setius.net/downs/maemo/qtcssu/

Don't know what is the role from libsoup.

I don't want to try because youtube/google want my phone number now. Really old accounts only made for trying logged the last time years ago in, and now that and you can't disable this behavior. All people should get unique id's this is what we want, I don't want to get another prepaid.

Last edited by Halftux; 2018-10-25 at 19:32.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Has there been any success before I start dpkg-ing in Halftux's debs?
I would rather trust either cut/pasting a few lines into a file or obviously apt upgrading than hand installing random and possibly problematic out of stream debs.
No disrespect to Halftux, it is just not really the unix way for a production device like an everyday phone.
I tried to get started but libqt4 dep errors.

Last edited by biketool; 2018-11-11 at 15:15.

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
The author disappeared long time, the last online is 2016....I have worried aboit him

Originally Posted by biketool View Post
Has there been any success before I start dpkg-ing in Halftux's debs?
I would rather trust either cut/pasting a few lines into a file or obviously apt upgrading than hand installing random and possibly problematic out of stream debs.
No disrespect to Halftux, it is just not really the unix way for a production device like an everyday phone.
I tried to get started but libqt4 dep errors.
Success I don't know not enough time to go through this. But probably partial success.
You don't need to install my debs you can compile the debs yourself. You need to change in the sources that is not fixed to tls 1.0.
For my debs you need to have openssl and libqt4 from cssu-devel, because these are the only version which support higher tls versions and they could solve the problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Halftux View Post
Success I don't know not enough time to go through this. But probably partial success.
You don't need to install my debs you can compile the debs yourself. You need to change in the sources that is not fixed to tls 1.0.
For my debs you need to have openssl and libqt4 from cssu-devel, because these are the only version which support higher tls versions and they could solve the problem.
OK, I am already running cssu-devel thumb, I will give this a try again when I get some time.

Originally Posted by biketool View Post
OK, I am already running cssu-devel thumb, I will give this a try again when I get some time.
Ah ok I thought cssu thumb exists only for testing. Could you post your installed libqt4 version.

I would like to try but don't want to link my old fake google account to my real phone number. Need to look for my trash sim card. But my todo list is already long...

Originally Posted by Halftux View Post
Ah ok I thought cssu thumb exists only for testing. Could you post your installed libqt4 version.

I would like to try but don't want to link my old fake google account to my real phone number. Need to look for my trash sim card. But my todo list is already long...
OK, finally got a N900 working and back to normal, reloaded my laptop(dont ask) and was able to dpkg -i those files in.
Is there an easy way to hunt down the version of libqt4?
find / -name libqt4* | more has associated libqt4 files but the big one I dont find easily(I have also been awake for 36hrs).

For now I can watch non-music youtubes, musical ones though I can not get a playable/downloadable stream.

The Following User Says Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,700 | Thanked: 4,751 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
So it could really be possible to watch youtube without downloading videos first to phone? Hah, that would be great.

Posts: 391 | Thanked: 908 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ suncity
Maybe it is not connected but recently I noticed that cutetube player cannot find stream but if you choose media player for default player (in settings) then you can choose media "quality" - 360p mp4 is played by media player.

Posts: 1,700 | Thanked: 4,751 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Never noticed that option. But for me it says no connection to server. So probably need to do all that magic yoy have done to the system before it will work.

Tags
youtube