Active Topics

Closed Thread
How do I find the pygtk installer or package. I have everything working except for that. I have python-2.5. Any help would be very appreciated. I tried look for it but could not find it in the maemo.org site.

The Following User Says Thank You to Victor_A For This Useful Post:
How about JAVA JDK ?
Will my java apps work ?

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Qole, you should get yourself to the Maemo Summit (with sponsorship, probably) and do a talk/demo of Debian chroot on top of Maemo.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Is there a way to install the IceWM Window Manager with an existing setup of a debian chroot? Like one on its own partition made by following the wiki article about running debian in a chroot?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
Qole, you should get yourself to the Maemo Summit (with sponsorship, probably) and do a talk/demo of Debian chroot on top of Maemo.
That sounds cool. I'll apply for sponsorship and see what happens!

EDIT: Applied. We'll see what happens.

Last edited by qole; 2008-07-07 at 19:02.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by D'ohboy View Post
Is there a way to install the IceWM Window Manager with an existing setup of a debian chroot? Like one on its own partition made by following the wiki article about running debian in a chroot?
Yes, there is. It's very simple, actually. I am going to be posting some little scripts and stuff over at the developer's thread for you guys who are already running a chroot in a partition, or if you have multiple chroots and you want to switch between them. Just give me a few days; I've been neglecting my family a bit, I have to mend some fences

Originally Posted by dunsun View Post
How about JAVA JDK ?
Will my java apps work ?
The open-source Java components are all installed, including the Firefox plugin, the JamVM, classpath, gappletviewer, etc.

You can run the "Debian chroot" menu item and try:

Code:
/usr/lib/classpath/gappletviewer http://java.sun.com/applets/jdk/1.4/demo/applets/TicTacToe/example1.html
This will (eventually) let you play a simple game of tic-tac-toe.

(or try one of the other demo applets)

My tests indicate that Java applets via Debian run about the same speed as through Jalimo, ie very slowly.

Last edited by qole; 2008-07-07 at 19:05.

Originally Posted by Victor_A View Post
How do I find the pygtk installer or package. I have everything working except for that. I have python-2.5. Any help would be very appreciated. I tried look for it but could not find it in the maemo.org site.
Thanks, that's a bug in my instructions!

I should have written, "python2.5-gtk2"

That package should be in the "extras" repository. If you can't find that package, perhaps the best thing is to install something else that uses that package, like the very cool "mytube" app.

I added a new section to my first post, how could I have forgotten it!

Johnx for egging me on about Gimp , providing a new Debian rootfs, and getting me interested in Debian on the tablets again
penguinbait for the base downloader script from his very cool KDE packages
Benson for always knowing the answer
debernardis and the hackers over in the developer thread for figuring stuff out with me (and for wanting openoffice so badly )
thp for showing us how cool it would be to have an easy-switching window manager in his video

When I D/L the easy-deb-chroot package the App Manager asks where I want to put Office, Abiword, etc. Do I put them on a card or in Extras?

Thanks,

Bill

Closed Thread

Tags
debian, easy debian, obsolete