Hey everyone - I recently had tried out an n900 but couldn't pull away from my old iphone 2G. Now that I have an iPhone 4, I love the power but can't deal with having a $600 shatter magnet in my pocket and being in ecommerce i need the flexibility of the full web experience. I want to love the N900, but I am having massive issues in multitasking. Opening and closing applications with 6 to 8 open is often making the phone unresponsive for 5-10 seconds. I get that it wont multitask as fast as an iPhone 4 with more Ram that may not offer the full web experience but this is really a slow experience thus far that I wasn't expecting.

Its my understanding that this is not normal behavior. It sounds like everyone has really snappy devices. I bought this phone used and have been cleaning up the 4 desktops and that has helped a little but i get stuck at times and have to reboot. It has the newest Oct 2010 firmware, would a reflash maybe help me?

I scrubbed the threads, but found nothing conclusive so I get that I may be opening myself up to flames here but I would like anyones help that is willing.

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Norwich, UK
If you bought the device used and it didnt have a clean OS install on it, reflash the device first and foremost.

The Following User Says Thank You to nidO For This Useful Post:
Got it - Thanks nidO

Should I stick with the newest Firmware or revert to an older more stable version?

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Go the latest and greatest mate

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
newest firmware is perfectly stable and also much faster than previous versions. also apps are typically coded to be compatible with the latest firmware.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

The Following User Says Thank You to cfh11 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 306 | Thanked: 350 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sydney
And overclock that bad boy!

Overclock + Swappolube + Custom Transitions

I opened 32+ apps the other day just to see if I could. There was no period of 5-10sec of unresponsiveness.

Overclock needs a different kernel, so just start with a reflash and maybe swappolube-nogui, and see if that's satisfactory.

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ void
I would say DON'T do it if you don't really understand the risk, and more importantly, the difficulty and skills required to flash and fix things in linux. Greater performance do not come without bigger risks.