newsbot | Posts: 94 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jul 2005
 It`s been a slow week today for internet tablet news so we decided to create an accessory guide to let you prepare for the Nokia 770 as it arrives. We have rounded up memory cards, batteries, chargers, even WiFi finders to get you prepared for your Noika 770. ...
Read the full article.

Hmm...One point you forgot to mention with the memory cards is whether they're RS-MMC or Dual Voltage RS-MMC. It's a minor distinction but one that can be expensive. All of Nokia's Series 60 Smartphones use the Dual Voltage type, so I would assume the iT will as well.

I am currently using a Nokia branded 64MB DV RS-MMC, so it does use the dual voltage, as for the other types of RS-MMC I have not tried yet.

can mmc-mobile be used at nokia 770? because rs-mmc 's access speed is too slow compared to sd or mini-sd.

Originally Posted by hawking
can mmc-mobile be used at nokia 770? because rs-mmc 's access speed is too slow compared to sd or mini-sd.
I am not entirely sure I understand what mmc-mobile is, however, I do know that, like other Nokia products, the 770 will not supoprt SD MMC's of any type.

mmc mobile is next version of rs-mmc,have the same size of rs-mmc
‧ Meets RS-MMC specifications

‧ Fully compatible

‧ Fast data transfer rate (up 52MB/sec) if device support 8bit transfer

you can search mmc mobile in google for more info.

Nils Faeber of Kernel Concepts has confirmed that RS-MMC and the DV RS-MMC will both work on the Nokia 770.

I'll see if Nokia can give an answer on this as to wether they will suppot the differnt media types, because right now their info only says DV RS-MMC, and before people start buying the MMC Mobile versions, should see if Nokia will officially say "Yes, we support them"...

Some more clarifications:

The Nokia 770 Users Manual says:

"This device supports dual voltage (1.8/3 V) and single voltage (3 V) reduced-size MultiMediaCards. Check the compatibility of an RS-MMC with its manufacturer or provider."

also:

"You can only use FAT 16/32 formatted memory cards with this device.

Use only compatible RS-MMCs with this device. Other memory cards, such as secure digital (SD) cards, do not fit in the MMC card slot and are not compatible with this device. Using an incompatible memory card may damage the memory card as well as the device, and data stored on the incompatible card may be corrupted."

The article has been updated accordingly.

Btw, another 'must' Nokia 770 accessory not found in the list is a bluetooth keybaord. While the Nokia BT keyboard works, there's no news if other BT keyboards like the one by ThinkOutside would work.