Closed Thread
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Now we know what has gone wrong in Nokia regarding Maemo and now we are told Meego is the future for Nokia.

Many people now know me and probably hate me sometimes because i am somewhat radical in my approach and can be very blunt with people (this community and various people make it so !) so now i am being totally neutral here.

After PR1.3 we are told support for Maemo stops from Nokia.

As the situation gets bleaker with absolutely many people leaving Nokia devices because of various reasons from lack of support to uncertainty and lack of apps, just where does this community fit in between Nokia and the problems they have created for us owners of the N900?.

Ok we have Nitdroid in prgression (looks very promising !) but as that is also uncertain it is not the answer right now, we know for sure Meego is the future but with the lack of source information from Nokia will it ever be possible to complete an OS that we all crave for with the working professional apps that we have became so familiar with from the past Nokia devices?.

If this community is to florish then it must come up with SOLID answers and up to now there simply is none at the moment (that should change in the future) so how can we get this community to work for us in the way we need it too?.

BIG question there and needs some careful thought and some good suggestions and answers.

Can there be more intergration between this community and Nokia in a more direct way? i feel there has to be a way to achieve this !.

How do we achieve as a working team (members, proggrammers etc) a solid future for the N900 with Meego?.

What exactly is needed to gain a fully adapted Meego for the N900 because right now there are more unsatisfied than satisfied owners so what can we do to make this a better community that people trust instead of the (pardon the expression) balony we are getting shafted with from Nokia creating many arguments on here which are leaving us very much discontented and miserable !!.

Can we have some REAL answers that do not mean speculation or could be or would be......... solid answers to the future of our device is VERY much needed here.

As a last note from me i want you before commenting to realise that i in fact own 5 N900's so for me it is a very serious situation.

I have done various things with the hardware but am not prepared to give out details untill we have a FULLY open drivers source and a solid Meego OS to support the minor wiring changes i have made to enable USB OTG, HOST mode among other mods.

Answers?.

Where has Nokia said that they will release PR1.3 and then stop supporting the N900 officially?

The Following User Says Thank You to DaSilva For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
you own 5 n900s???
can you send me one please?
want a second one

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atilla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
After PR1.3 we are told support for Maemo stops from Nokia.
Rubbish, no one has said Nokia will discontinue updates after PR1.3, all that has been stated is that is the worst case scenario.

As the situation gets bleaker with absolutely many people leaving Nokia devices because of various reasons from lack of support to uncertainty and lack of apps, just where does this community fit in between Nokia and the problems they have created for us owners of the N900?.
Why do you continue to bring us all down? How is "our" situation getting bleaker? What has happened in the past few months since PR1.2 that makes "our" situation any worse?

Ok we have Nitdroid in prgression (looks very promising !) but as that is also uncertain it is not the answer right now, we know for sure Meego is the future but with the lack of source information from Nokia will it ever be possible to complete an OS that we all crave for with the working professional apps that we have became so familiar with from the past Nokia devices?.
No, it isn't possible.

If this community is to florish then it must come up with SOLID answers and up to now there simply is none at the moment (that should change in the future) so how can we get this community to work for us in the way we need it too?
No offence intended, but I'm sure I'm not the only one that doesn't want to work for _you_ ..

Can there be more intergration between this community and Nokia in a more direct way? i feel there has to be a way to achieve this !.
What do you mean by more "integration", you want us all to get jobs at Nokia?

How do we achieve as a working team (members, proggrammers etc) a solid future for the N900 with Meego?.
Contribute & Test.

What exactly is needed to gain a fully adapted Meego for the N900 because right now there are more unsatisfied than satisfied owners so what can we do to make this a better community that people trust instead of the (pardon the expression) balony we are getting shafted with from Nokia creating many arguments on here which are leaving us very much discontented and miserable !!.
I think it's the trolls (looks at you) that spread "Fear Uncertaintly and Doubt" around these forums.

Can we have some REAL answers that do not mean speculation or could be or would be......... solid answers to the future of our device is VERY much needed here.

As a last note from me i want you before commenting to realise that i in fact own 5 N900's so for me it is a very serious situation.

I have done various things with the hardware but am not prepared to give out details untill we have a FULLY open drivers source and a solid Meego OS to support the minor wiring changes i have made to enable USB OTG, HOST mode among other mods.

Answers?.
I still don't believe you've done any wiring mods to an N900, though I can imagine you going through 5 in the process ...

We don't need hardware changes for plain old USB host mode. So, I don't think anyone gives a flying f*ck about your rewiring regardless.

Anyhow, answering the actual question "What is the community prepared to do for "us" regarding the N900?", we do what we want to do, sometimes, if someone comes up with a good idea, we'll do it.

What are you prepared to do?

Last edited by tswindell; 2010-08-15 at 14:49.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
Dear Abill_uk.

You are spreading FUD as usual. Nokia has never stated that "After PR1.3 we are told support for Maemo stops from Nokia."

I stopped reading right there. Go troll somewhere else if you have to. You are far too obsessed with "maybe" futures than with enjoying the N900 for what it is now.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to maluka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
This has been discussed to death!

Where is your source of information that PR1.3 is the final update for maemo?

Since owning a Palm T3 (many years ago) I stopped trusting corporations to support their hardware.

The main reason I bought the n900 because it is mainly open source. When Nokia stop officially supporting it at least the community will continue updating it.
(and yes I know there are closed components!)

For example there's nothing stopping someone from creating an open-source equivalent to the media player.

The N900 has a healthy future with or without Nokia.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to johnel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
abill_uk what is this "host mode usb" wiring mod you've done to your n900 and have you shared this with the community?

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
And so, my fellow maemo fans - Ask not what the community can do for you...
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 333 | Thanked: 153 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ blah blah
...solid answers, solid future, solid meego...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtdWH...eature=related
(first few words...)

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Yet again all attacks and no answers, this is the reason the community does not move forward and also the reason people get fed up and leave !!!.
Get on with the crazy attacking and flaming as i dont want no part in this !!!.

Closed Thread

Tags
blablabla bla, check offenders, community v us, lost dummy, reggie please, show-me-proof, shutupabillpls, wheres-reggie