Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Looks like everything works as it should.

Originally Posted by colin.stephane View Post
Obviously, you don't need to use these "cp -r blah ... blah ... etc ..." anymore.
As I already tried to apply it and your patch failed at first, are there any left-overs I should clean? If so, where, what?

Thanks for your efforts.
Current Maemo Community Council member

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by Win7Mac View Post
Looks like everything works as it should.

As I already tried to apply it and your patch failed at first, are there any left-overs I should clean? If so, where, what?

Thanks for your efforts.

If you follow the patch's auto-commands it will re-install drive and maps to ensure that the left-overs or remenants of any previous patch are not present before the new patch is applied...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Just wanted to give everybody involved in this awesome mod a big THANK YOU!
Your work and time spent in this project, as well as helping stupid users like me, is priceless.

To make this mod even more valuable, let's try to bring speedcam warnings to it.
A short google search brought up the following for Nokia/Navteq, probably this can be helpful?:
http://trapster.com/devices/java-j2me/
http://www.speedcamupdates.com/Nokia-330
http://www.symbian-freak.com/downloa...n/speedcam.zip
Trapster (Reach Unlimited Corp) was accuired by NAVTEQ, so maybe...
Current Maemo Community Council member

Just wanted to give everybody involved in this awesome mod a big THANK YOU!
Your work and time spent in this project, as well as helping stupid users like me, is priceless.

To make this mod even more valuable, let's try to bring speedcam warnings to it.
A short google search brought up the following for Nokia/Navteq, probably this can be helpful?:

Trapster (Reach Unlimited Corp) was accuired by NAVTEQ, so maybe...
i'd love to be able to see speed cams... this would be the best feature for me,.,,

A question to community.

I am on PR 1.3 using latest colin.stephane's stable patch for Drive and separate traffic patch from sony123 for Maps.

I noticed some buggy behaviour with automatic color turned on in Drive:
  • When switching from Settings menu or Color menu back to map - map appears blanc. To see it again, you need to "refresh" it by going to Navigation options menu and back.
  • When navigating, map color doesn't switch automatically. Again, to see a right color for a current time you need to "refresh" map.

Is there any solution available to fix above behaviour?

Originally Posted by sony123 View Post
This is location dependent so if you have time to look deeper I am more than willing to give you a helping hand. As long as you know how to edit text file in terminal, you can debug this.

The GuidancePanel component defines this header. The text comes from either routingModel or guidanceModel. You just need to dump the variables to figure out what happened. It could be a limitation in the API or could be blocked by the various conditions defined in the if..else block.

Do you have a Symbian device for reference? If Symbian doesn't show next maneuver then you know for sure it's API limitation.
Thanks,
Unfortunately i don't have much time to make tests on those variables.
I thought the problem was on the way they set routeName variable in GuidancePage.qml but not in routingModel or GuidanceModel.If so that sound complicated to fix.
I believe the name for the next maneuver should be the direction (city's name for example) and the route name but not only the route name which is blank for some portion of the road (as you said probably depending on the country).
I'll see if i have time to look deeper into this.

Do you know where the next maneuver name is set for the voice ?

Also as i remember i didn't have this problem on my 5800.

Thanks anyway.

Last edited by Jef971; 2012-09-18 at 15:28.

At first thank you all for this well done modification

But before talking about speedcam-addition on the modification... what about traffic re-routing? So if there is a traffic jam or an accident the software should automatically reroute.

Should not be so much complicated to implemend - i think.
What do you think about?

Hey is anyone still working on the maps. A lot of the community fixes were/are invaluable. I'd love to hear that you guys hadn't given up.

Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
I'd love to hear that you guys hadn't given up.
Me too. I'd like to see some comments on automatic day/night switching issue.

Originally Posted by PIDk View Post
Me too. I'd like to see some comments on automatic day/night switching issue.
Well, I'd love to get this working, but it was non-trivial when I last tried and I don't have a lot of time right now. I still plan to work on it at some point, though.