Notices

Big update for the Coding Competition, just applied last finishing touches today:

* UI revamp, better integration in Harmattan
* Added: Integrated into Harmattan Transfer UI for downloads & uploads
* Added: Possibility to move files to trash
* Added: Possibility to add/remove files to/from collections
* Added: Possibility to add/delete collections
* Added: Possibility to share a file/doc link via Harmattan ShareUI
* Added: Possibility to choose download format for Office documents
* Added: Possibility to logout/remove credentials from local cache

Download the final release here: https://projects.developer.nokia.com....0.0_armel.deb

Now also available from Nokia Store: http://store.nokia.com/content/307237

I hope you like it!

OLD POST:

Hi together,

today I am happy to announce the first result of my Qt programming adventure:

MeeDocs, a Google Docs client for MeeGo! This app is not intended for on device editing of documents, but rather as a cloud storage interface for GDocs, where you can up- and download your files. Now that Google Docs is allowing to upload any file type up to 10 GB of size, it becomes a serious competitor for DropBox, especially as Google's prices are much lower ($20 USD/year for 80GB, whereas DropBox charges you $99 USD/year for 50 GB). So this app should serve as a DropBox-like interface for this.

Currently, principal authentication, download and upload code is working. UI is ugly, there are no progress bars or such and you only can see if a download or upload was successful after clicking the file when the finishing message pops up.

But I think getting to work the principal functions (for a programming noob fiddling with OAuth and the Google HTTP APIs and integrating File Access C++ code with QML is no easy task) was the most difficult part of it. Interface polishing and feature tweaks should work out not too hard.

So please test it and let me know your opinions and wishes and always remember: I'm doing this in my spare time, so don't expect miracles to happen over night.
Attached Images

Last edited by marrat; 2012-08-27 at 14:41.

The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to marrat For This Useful Post:
New Version with slightly improved UI uploaded, please test it and let me hear your suggestions.

Currently, still only downloading and uploading is supported. Upload view now with folder navigation working (not that pretty yet).

In future versions I plan to include organising functions (moving/uploading files into collections), if possible and further refined UI.

Link to new version is in first post

The Following User Says Thank You to marrat For This Useful Post:
Will you upload it to apps.formeego.com ?

Originally Posted by soleil View Post
Will you upload it to apps.formeego.com ?
I plan to do so as soon as it reaches a better quality. At least the UI should be completely Harmattan compliant (the list views look like crap currently) and maybe I want to add support for collections before I put it there.

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ saudi arabia
I cant accept access to my account because the "access button" is far away

The Following User Says Thank You to lolloo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lolloo View Post
I cant accept access to my account because the "access button" is far away
Thanks for the note. The WebView where the Google login page is displayed is not flickable, therefore you cannot scroll to the button. I just fixed this and it should work in the next version.

Edit: Currently, also every hour you have to login again, as I didn't implement use of OAuth refresh token yet. Will also be fixed in next version.

Last edited by marrat; 2012-01-16 at 08:56.

New Version:

- Google Logon Page scrolling issue fixed.
- Support for collections (only browsing and downloading, no upload in collections, only to home folder)
- UI still ugly.

Not sure if refresh token is now correctly implemted

Link:

http://projects.developer.nokia.com/....1.3_armel.deb

The Following User Says Thank You to marrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Europe
Good work there. Thanks!

After a long time without motivation to do any coding work, I can proudly say, that I'm back working on MeeDocs, pumping it up for the Coding Competition (put it into the Update category, and into Beginner, as this is my first Harmattan app ever).

That means I'm currently adding additional features, like more support for Collections (a.k.a. Folders) and organization features, like the possibility to move, rename or delete files in your Docs/Drive account and do more UI polishing.

So stay tuned until I release my final version for the coding competition!

What I also would like to have are some suggestions on what I should prioritize my work on or which features would be the most needed/wished in this app!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
some screenshots would be nice