Active Topics

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austria
Originally Posted by corduroysack View Post
my n900 is spot on if battery seems iffy get another battery i am currently using a scud. if this n900 dies i would get another n900 failing that a tablet and a dumb phone as vi_has said.
sure that is an option but that then leaves the question which tablet to get

Posts: 381 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by LordVan View Post
I've been thinking recently ..

My N900 Battery keeps getting worse (had It pretty much since it came out).. I have to charge it every night even if I don't use it much .. (If i forget it goes from ~50% to switching off just over night
Why just dont put it in the charger every night then ???
I always charge it every night regardless if it is needed or not, and i have always done so since my first pre-gsm cellphone in the late 80s...

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austria
Originally Posted by electroaudio View Post
Why just dont put it in the charger every night then ???
I always charge it every night regardless if it is needed or not, and i have always done so since my first pre-gsm cellphone in the late 80s...
I do - unless I forget - the problem is this happens when I don'T use it much .. when I use the phone more (especially with WiFi enabled of course) the battery goes down a lot faster!

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
My path after n900.

Desire s --> SE ARC --> nokia n9 --> SG Note and my next phones probably be the first Tizen phone.

I'm still using my n900.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
n9 is still the best phone to get after n900

perhaps lumia phone only if nokia changed the tiles and metro to swipe ui. hence large screen in smaller body.

tizen and webos phones, and iphone are not too bad!

yeh i recommend gs2 or new sony ericsson xperia S unless u need hardware keyboard or fm transmitter.

fm transmitter never gotta reach nokia phones again.

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ beijing-islamabad
ofcourse another N900, It would be too boring and an injustice to get anything else other than this lovely machine once again.

Originally Posted by LordVan View Post
I've been thinking recently ..

My N900 Battery keeps getting worse (had It pretty much since it came out).. I have to charge it every night even if I don't use it much .. (If i forget it goes from ~50% to switching off just over night sometimes ..

So I've been looking around ..
N9? .. rather hard to get here
N950 ? ... even more difficult to get
some Android phone? Currently been thinking .. the Samsung note with the pressure sensitive Pen sounds nice - it is "huge" compared to most phones, but I don't mind that that much ..
(Windows Phone or iPhones are out of the question for me ^^ )

Currently I'm prolly mostly in favour of the Samsung Galaxy Note due to the fact it has a pen (I like that I can write/doodle more accurately -- e.g. on a Kanji recognition software since I'm learning japanese , ...)

That made me wonder .. which phone are other Maemo fans getting after the N900 ?

Why should the N9 be hard to get in Austria? It was one of the countries where Nokia originally released it. Even it is no more available from the operators (after three months, which is sad), you should get it from every good webstore. If unsure, just order it from amazon.de

Next phone (best to worst):

1- Maemo (another N900)
2- Android (NOTE, Gnex, Captivate Glide, Atrix, SGSII, EPIC 4G)
3- iOS (iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS)
4- Niche (Nokia N9)
5- Windows Phail 7.5 (TiTAN II, TiTan, Arrive, Lumia 900)
6- Alternative (Wave 3, BB Torch, Pre3, N8, E7)

Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
my phone is 3d....... evo.. 3d..