Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by nkirk View Post
iv. Install theme customizer (use custom -fast transitions)
Just be careful, have found custom fast transitions from theme customizer can remove some things from your transitions.ini file, editing the transitions.ini with lots of different things can cause the file to become unreadable.

If you feel confident use the hildon-desktop wiki to edit the values manually.

I normally manually change all the big values to 200 or 150.

Also before modifying anything backup.
Even better after a full reflash backup with backupmenu, when you've added your stuff backup again.
You have something to return to if something dies.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nkirk View Post
Hi mr2600,

A device with properly installed CSSU should feel snappier vs a device with stock PR on any-day.

I would suggest you to follow the below for a faster UI

i. Perform a clean re-flash including emmc. -( Clear things up)
ii. Install KP- 51/52 - (Stable smart reflex support + a load of goodies)
iii. Install CSSU thumb.
iv. Install theme customizer (use custom -fast transitions)
v. buy a fast microsd and enable swapping , use swapset for mounting and setting swap priorities.

You may also install 720p video support libraries which will make your device record in higher resolutions while maintaining fluidity.

There are so many safe tweaks available to maker the device faster and more current, do some reading .

Do the above before enabling any other repositories, then you will have less problems with HAM, as it has trouble dealing with -devel especially.

FYI:
After you click on HAM give it a few minutes to do its thing and show up. if you are connected to internet it will start updating the catologue files, let it complete it first before opening the application, repeatedly opening ham will do nothing but give errors. Alternatively you can use FAM for general application related operations.

Do not compare this device with iphone as n900 will work more like a desktop pc, the other like a phone

//nkirk
Just performed the emmc reflash and then the rx reflash. (also performed a back up using backupmenu).

Now - steps because I am slightly unclear on yours
  1. CSSU
  2. KP- 51 - Should i run it at 900mhz and then enable smartreflex or should I just leave it at default clock and enamble smartref?
  3. CSSU - Thumb

The Following User Says Thank You to mr2600 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by mr2600 View Post
Just performed the emmc reflash and then the rx reflash. (also performed a back up using backupmenu).

[/LIST]

Question now is do you want Bleeding Edge (very small possiblity of bugs) or rock solid Stable?

There are two branches of CSSU Stable or Testing.

IMO no overclock, smartreflex and standard clock speeds should come with KP50>. So install just the main KP package and use "out the box". Then see how you get on.

FYI - when you change your setup "CSSU, KP" etc you need to backup with backupmenu again. This is because you need the same system setup to restore the images.
Example you can't restore a CSSU "backupmenu" backup on PR1.3.1 etc.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Last edited by sixwheeledbeast; 2012-10-04 at 19:46.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
I installed Stable CSSU (after a clean reflash) and I was using it one week, but found several bugs and had to reflash again. After intensive use (web with flash, angrybirds, etc), when trying to switch of the phone, it did not switched off but freezed or reset. That happened many times in the night when I go to bed and switch off the phone. After restarting it, the switch off command worked properly.
In addition, the responsiveness of the task switcher menu is not as fast as in the stock system. After showing the task switcher you have to wait a little bit before selecting any of the tasks, or the phone will not respond to your selection (althoug the screen notifies the "tap" with the typical sound). I changed the transitions.ini trying to improve this but without success.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ikerrg For This Useful Post:
hi guys, the Speed ​​Patch is recommended??. Improving the performance of our n900?

Thansk

The Following User Says Thank You to edie.cook For This Useful Post:
I did not see any improvement before reflashing (I had speed patch installed). Indeed, although I am not sure, I think that some games like angrybirds seem slower (jerky) when this patch is installed. In my reflashed system, I have not installed SpeedPatch and I do not see any drawback.

The Following User Says Thank You to ikerrg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by edie.cook View Post
hi guys, the Speed ​​Patch is recommended??. Improving the performance of our n900?
The speed patch is a tiny bit of code that messes with the Linux task scheduler. There are many, many opinions about how scheduling should be managed, and no clear winners amongst them; the "speedpatch" merely replaces the default mechanism with one that the author of the code believed was better. Whether it is, in fact, better for you depends on how you use your device; however, given the way that it heavily skews scheduling towards just the user-facing tasks, I suspect that overall performance would actually drop. I want my N900 to perform all tasks in a timely manner, not just the one in current control of the GUI.

(One reason that you can't really multitask on other cell phones is to avoid even thinking about this problem; if you can't run tasks in the background, then you don't have to worry so much about scheduling tasks in the background. It's kind of amazing that people are still today crowing about the ability to run two apps at the same time on Android. I had to cringe when I watched a video demonstrating the upcoming BB10 OS, and one of the highly touted features was that "we will let you run EIGHT apps at the same time!" As if that were something to be amazed at.)

Honestly, if you want to actually run apps faster on the N900, there are only two useful methods. One, you can overclock the processor, to force commands to execute at a higher speed. Two, you can get involved with the remarkable effort undertaken to rebuild the Maemo system using the thumb2 instruction set. The N900's CPU had support for this more efficient command set from the start, but due to a few bugs, it was never used; due to the work of Freemangordon, however, an entire Maemo environment built using this instruction set is now becoming available.

In short, the "speed patch" and "battery patch" stuff is just snake oil. If you want to squeeze every last bit of performance out of your N900, you need to go with the guys who have put the real effort into creating an optimized system...

Last edited by Copernicus; 2012-10-04 at 15:37.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by edie.cook View Post

Thansk
no.

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...0&postcount=29

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
Originally Posted by mr2600 View Post

1. CSSU
  2. KP- 51 - Should i run it at 900mhz and then enable smartreflex or should I just leave it at default clock and enamble smartref?
  3. CSSU - Thumb
I though Smartreflex was unstable above 805+ MHZ. You don't actually need 900 MHZ anyway for normal phone usage. I keep it at 805 with smartreflex.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wreck For This Useful Post:
@freemangordon
What do you think about swappolube PROPOSED settings?

The Following User Says Thank You to ikerrg For This Useful Post: