Active Topics

Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Hi. I apologize if there is some confusion. This is not a real letter. What I'm really asking is, if due to circumstances beyond the control of Jolla they are short of cash and ask folks to contribute $50 more so that they could deliver the tablets, would you do it? Actually I would...
That would be a move that makes double damages on Jolla: on the tablet customers front and on the prospective candidates of the new Jolla Adventures business accelerator program.

Hi. I apologize if there is some confusion. This is not a real letter. What I'm really asking is, if due to circumstances beyond the control of Jolla they are short of cash and ask folks to contribute $50 more so that they could deliver the tablets, would you do it? Actually I would...
No chance, what about if due to circumstances beyond my control, I want my money back?

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Saarnio gave an interview for mobiili.fi [in Finnish]. A clip translated to English:

"We have for now got a very small amount of devices off the ground. When we otherwise got late, we also got late in terms of component orders", Sarnio explained about the lasting delays of tablets for mobile.fi.
So they are experiencing part shortages.

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by att View Post
So they are experiencing part shortages.
I've heard some rumors about the Intel mobile SoC being surprisingly hard to come by, at least compared to ARM SoCs.

But that would be pretty weird if true, given how hard Intel appears to be pushing in the mobile area.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
So what if you got this email...

Ahoy Sailors!
Well, um, the seas have been a bit rough of late with some issues in regards to supplies. You know, the usual stuff. Shortage of parts, delays, quality control issues, and a few price increases here there. As we would love to ship your tablet to you as soon as possible, we are going to need for all of you sailors to send us $50 more. Otherwise our ship may indeed capsize in these heavy seas. We hope this does not cause any inconvenience to any of our highly valued sailors.

Best regards and keep on sailing!
Your Jolla Crew

EDIT: So there is no confusion, this is not a real email. Just a hypothetical.
Yes. Tax is required for shipment. So yeah.we will pay the 50 bucks even if it would be fair if jolla covered that part to keep supporters.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
Thanks for the bad news. I'm going to hide the Jolla tablet to one very dark corner, left alone for one year untouched and forgot owning it.
So by 2017 I have an Christmas present ready .

Jolla Phone 16GB (2nd in use).
Jolla Tablet 64GB (repaired).

3D modelling & printing.
CAD/CAM amateur.
Prusa i3 3D printer (Max Micron)
"Smith: Mr. Anderson, welcome back.
We missed you ."

Last edited by tangent; 2015-11-12 at 21:27.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Regarding charger. Bought a new phone yesterday. Asked if the box including charger. Answer was no. So I said I not gonna buy the phone. As a proper salesman. We can include a charger for free OC.

Jolla...could learn something here.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Regarding charger. Bought a new phone yesterday. Asked if the box including charger. Answer was no. So I said I not gonna buy the phone. As a proper salesman. We can include a charger for free OC.

Jolla...could learn something here.
You could do the same with Jolla Tablet if you'd buy it from the same shop. You can't really bargain in online shops, can you?

Originally Posted by TemeV View Post
You could do the same with Jolla Tablet if you'd buy it from the same shop. You can't really bargain in online shops, can you?
Isn't there a comments field?

Originally Posted by TemeV View Post
Why not?
I usually just call the webbshop. You can do it before. But it's better to first put the order and if the don't help you...simply cancel.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund