Active Topics

Originally Posted by itdoesntmatt View Post
but is it just a browser? how is it related to android support? in a similar way of cromeos
it is just a browser, the way it relates, atleast in my mind is that many apps can easily be replaced by there web counter part. but the browsing experiencing is very so and so at the best of times.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Dax View Post
If you have some ideas in order to improve the UI, they are welcome
What's the best way to contact you? DM me if you're serious.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Indeed. Just two words to illustrate it: pulley menus

This is not an inflammatory post. Pulleys are great but not always practical. TJC is full of suggestions how to handle menus in apps with long vertical lists without having to scroll all the way to the top first.
So you like status bars and don't like pulley menus?

I think you might have the wrong phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
i like so much either status bar and pulley menu...maybe someone really bought a wrong phone

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
So you like status bars and don't like pulley menus?
Please read for comprehension. Amazon has some books, if your local college does not offer classes

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
[Hopefully] before we start again to discuss browsers and pulley menus, has anybody spotted any press related to Slush '15? Maybe behind the scenes interviews, possibly not in English?

The Following User Says Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
[Hopefully] before we start again to discuss browsers and pulley menus, has anybody spotted any press related to Slush '15? Maybe behind the scenes interviews, possibly not in English?
I recalled reading that @stskeeps being a 'booth babe' at Slush so I went to recheck his tweets and... oh dear! After he has been an 'interim' CTO now he doesn't seem to be any longer with Jolla and he's looking for new opportunities.
Sad. Sad. Sad.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 759 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Poland
Originally Posted by minimos View Post
I recalled reading that @stskeeps being a 'booth babe' at Slush so I went to recheck his tweets and... oh dear! After he has been an 'interim' CTO now he doesn't seem to be any longer with Jolla and he's looking for new opportunities.
Sad. Sad. Sad.
Yes it's sad. I wrote about that in Marc Dilon thread.
Looks like old sailors are leaving Jolla for some reason.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atlochowski For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by minimos View Post
Sad. Sad. Sad.
CTO, R&D - we had a shared CTO office, me and Harri Hakulinen.

Doesn't mean that I don't keep supporting Jolla/SailfishOS or contracting for them. For a very long time I was a subcontractor, not an employee.

I'm becoming an entrepreneur again in order to pursue some ideas of my own that are a bit outside the typical thinking - while getting more experience in areas beyond just mobile phone OS.

I think some people here might enjoy those ideas when they manifest, so I'll let TMO know when I have something tangible. I'm still young, careless, so it's a good time to do things like this.

The Following 57 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
CTO, R&D - we had a shared CTO office, me and Harri Hakulinen.

Doesn't mean that I don't keep supporting Jolla/SailfishOS or contracting for them. For a very long time I was a subcontractor, not an employee.

I'm becoming an entrepreneur again in order to pursue some ideas of my own that are a bit outside the typical thinking - while getting more experience in areas beyond just mobile phone OS.

I think some people here might enjoy those ideas when they manifest, so I'll let TMO know when I have something tangible. I'm still young, careless, so it's a good time to do things like this.
Luckily it appears MER is still fueled by you!
Hopefully no plans to change that?

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla bolla