Active Topics

Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Casanunda View Post
Why is it so hard for people to understand that as an IGG or KS backer, you basically have NO rights to claim? Just RTFM, or in this case read terms and conditions of IGG.
You are making a donation, and the founder of the campaign MAY give you a perk as reward if everything goes well.

Heck, nowadays most IGG campaigns are "flexible funding".
That means you pay even if the campaign target is not reached, i.e. there's (almost) no chance you'll ever get your perk.

Apart from that, I really do believe the people at Jolla were and are still trying to get on with getting that funding, delivering all tablets and going on with business. I can see no fraud here.

Open Communication about financial situation is a nice idea, but not very clever when doing real business. Making public statement “if we don't get new funding soon, we'll be bancrupt in 26 days” is not really clever while negotiating new funding with investor. Never.

As long as there's hope, you don't scream “we're doomed” all over the place. That's just STUPID.

Besides, everybody knew they are a startup, and also it was easy to see that selling some 10.000 phones was not enough for them to stay in business for the next fes years, i.e. they needed additional funding every year. Until a few days / weeks ago, they were hoping to get their new funding on time to not have any of the trouble we are currently seeing.

And I'm still hoping they will finish their financing round.

Yeah, well then Jolla should basically skip all IGG backers and Favour the ones buying it from the shop.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by tommo View Post
I don't have detailed accounts or unpaid invoices )

but I have twitter https://mobile.twitter.com/lastucase
Hell, that works. Thanks for sharing, was unaware of this, thus my questions.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Hell, that works. Thanks for sharing, was unaware of this, thus my questions.
Not a problem, at least lastu don't have a problem relaying information and being honest!
Can anyone remember how many cases were 'sold'?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Not a problem, at least lastu don't have a problem relaying information and being honest!
Can anyone remember how many cases were 'sold'?
Not sure but would estimate (4500 cases) it around $200.000 - $300.000

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-11-23 at 20:55.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Yeah, well then Jolla should basically skip all IGG backers and Favour the ones buying it from the shop.
erm... almost.

Maybe it's not a completely bad idea for a company to deliver ALL tablets.
AFTER getting funding to go on with business for another year...

(and please don't say that's not serious business model - it's how startups work...)

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by billranton View Post
Yes, they ordered something from a shop, and that's a contract to deliver or refund. Funding a kickstarter is a donation. Not that it matters anyway, because Jolla will get their next round of funding and everyone will get their tablets. If they don't, no-one will get any refunds because they will be bankrupt.

Don't give up people! We're meant to be doing it together!!
oh cmon!!! Its over got damn!

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
oh cmon!!! Its over got damn!
With that attitude it is

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
I don't have detailed accounts or unpaid invoices )

but I have twitter https://mobile.twitter.com/lastucase
Sound bad, really really bad. Time to forget about Jolla tablet. I give up.
2016 Jolla is no more.

Any tablet out there that can be rooted to running kde or sfos?

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by Casanunda View Post
Why is it so hard for people to understand that as an IGG or KS backer, you basically have NO rights to claim? Just RTFM, or in this case read terms and conditions of IGG.
Besides, KS/IGG simply collect the money *during* the campaign. When the time for crowdfunding ends, depending on the result either they give the collected amount of money (minus their juicy cut) to the creator of the campaign, or they return it to the contributors. THE END. Not their problem anymore.
Afterwards for issues about undelivered/unsatisfying perks, it's only directly between campaign organizer and contributor.

It seems that some of you forgetting that people also bought this tablet from Jolla shop so not sure what you trying to achieve by explaining what IGG/KS is. It's basically irrelevant now.

We are all customers/backers/investers/supporter/old Jolla employee /humans ...we all have the same right.

Hope she got some Intel behind this twitt.
https://twitter.com/cybette/status/668909078182240257

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-11-23 at 21:57.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund