Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Surely it's mu.
Yeah, seems legit

それは間違った仮定に依存するため、あなたの質問は答えることができません

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 359 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
What about the tablet since is the tablet thread. When do we get it?
Well, I suppose it depends on *if* they get the financing, and *if* they manage to get partners.

Basically they need to acquire customers (of the Intex kind, possibly larger, or many). If they can show this to investors, then they may get the funding they need. And if they do, they will try hard to fulfill the promise of the indiegogo campaign, after all, it will look very bad if they do not. And the tablet would be a good tthing for the echosystem, they need to have at least a few different devices around.

I hope they survive the crisis, and that they start thinking of ways not to screw the Sailfish users in case of further difficulties, such as, open sourcing what they can of their asset.

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
I think this message recently posted on TJC from MSameer is worth to be copied here:

As a Jolla employee -who is still an employee- despite the layoff notice, I can tell you that there is still hope in the company surviving. I unfortunately cannot give more details but I know of efforts being done to pull the company from its existing state.

Trust me that even though I kind of know what is going on, there is nothing yet concrete to communicate.

The tablet project is in the minds of all of us. Our management is trying to figure out ways to solve the situation and compensate you. I heard the discussion with my own ears a few hours ago. We are just trying to figure it out.

How all this will affect the Jolla phone or the updates? I have no idea. All I know is we are trying to push out the next update but it's just hard given the amount of sailors we have now.

Sailors tried to do their best. You don't know when was the last time we got payed yet we were still trying to push the software forward...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Are you crazy! Don't work for free. Get at least 1% of the company IF you you guys manage to turn this ship around.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Sailors do seem to be very loyal and that's something at least I respect. If Jolla survives and gets back on it's feet, I do hope that management finds a way to compensate them also, as these are very stressful times for them in many respect. It takes stubbornness for startup company to survive and it surely looks like they have no shortage of it. Hopefully (for all of us) it pays out this time.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
Originally Posted by minimos View Post
I think this message recently posted on TJC from MSameer is worth to be copied here:
The people shouting fraud (I wonder have they actually bought tablets) might want to read that before opening their mouths.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by NokiaFanatic View Post
The people shouting fraud (I wonder have they actually bought tablets) might want to read that before opening their mouths.
I have bought one and I think it's fraud. Not illegal fraud but legal fraud.

So I would say it's fraud.

As an example...Jolla developed OS rather than pay lastu for a few thousand cases...it might not be illegal but it's not nice.

Jolla developed OS rather than build tablets...t might not be illegal but it's not nice. escpeally to the ones bought in Jolla shop.

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-11-24 at 17:49.

I for once, won't ever blame anyone of fraud.
However,legally,not delivering and not paying back those who ordered through shop. Depending surely, if Jolla did knowingly sell not being able to deliver,now,that is - legally - fraud.

But, as I said. They are working hard to get it solved. Even as individuals.

I won't call them on that. But, I will order a tablet when they get back on feet's! Which I have a strong believe they will.

Now, they need all the backup from all of us they can get.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Those people defending Jolla might want to distinguish between the actions of ordinary employees (of whom I have not read any criticism), and those of senior management (particularly those who already got out of Dodge) before opening their mouths.

My website

GitHub

Jolla is moving to (small and top secret location)and need your help:

Cybette updated 2 hours ago
"In Helsinki? Here's one way you can help Jolla and get a good workout at the same time! Helsinki office is moving to new premises and we need some sailor power as we're a bit short of that at the moment. Here are the details:

Date: 26.Nov.2015
Time: 10.45
Place: Itämerenkatu 11-13, main reception
Someone from Jolla will come and collect you and then we will get organized
I'm not sure if Jolla can offer anything for you right now in return, except our eternal gratitude, and maybe have a couple beers (rum?) together with the Jolla sailors after the move.

Spread the word! Thanks!! <3"

I will book a flight if Jolla adding a tablet to the beers. If anyone going please get some Intel about tablet as payment

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-11-24 at 18:25.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund