Active Topics

Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by Drekkie View Post
Could the board be possibly less incompetent on a second go-round? Less baggage to manage since selling out to MS?
I don't think there's a single major shareholder in Nokia that would want Nokia to invest in phone making in any kind of meaningful way. Stock would take a nose dive if they did.

Siilasmaa also said that they could see return on manufacturing, but only if they had something disruptive in their hands. I don't think the group of people that were in Maemo project or now near bankrupt Jolla have shown capacity to create anything disruptive. Niche product "solving" something very small amount of people care.

Nokia probably has enough to digest with swallowing Alcatel-Lucent for the next 12 months anyways.

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Nokia probably has enough to digest with swallowing Alcatel-Lucent for the next 12 months anyways.
It took about seven years to handle the merger of network units of Nokia and Siemens to Nokia Networks so I would expect the same for Nokia-Alcatel-Lucent

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by endsormeans View Post
woohoo!
Sooooo right mikecomputing!
And when it happens...
the n820 and the n910 are comin' baby!
And they'll come with a built-in picocell, to say the least

Originally Posted by tissot View Post
I don't think there's a single major shareholder in Nokia that would want Nokia to invest in phone making in any kind of meaningful way. Stock would take a nose dive if they did.
i wasn't being quite serious, just trying to wind gerbick up about the BOD criticism he has made in the past (and which i agree with).

And i do think they would mess it up on a second go-round anyway, so i don't hold out any hopes for that scenario.

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
I heard there are news coming next week.. Stay tune... Err, just stay!

Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by eekkelund View Post
I heard there are news coming next week.. Stay tune... Err, just stay!
Yeah, read the ReviewJolla article, seem to be tiny shift towards giving slightly more information.

Also, last community meeting seemed to be a lot more forthcoming and constructive, so it is not all crash-and-burn lately.

Hope there will be good news soon and community and jolla can wiggle out of trouble

Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
Yeah, read the ReviewJolla article, seem to be tiny shift towards giving slightly more information.

Also, last community meeting seemed to be a lot more forthcoming and constructive, so it is not all crash-and-burn lately.

Hope there will be good news soon and community and jolla can wiggle out of trouble
https://media.giphy.com/media/cPxRDvlSj9QKA/giphy.gif
Hopefully dave999 gets a tablet for Xmas, delivered by Marc dillon on a reindeer.

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post

https://media.giphy.com/media/cPxRDvlSj9QKA/giphy.gif
Yeah I saw that. My source was one sailor.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by tommo View Post
Hopefully dave999 gets a tablet for Xmas, delivered by Marc dillon on a reindeer.
Marc dillon went from cool to fool. I Will nerer have anything to do with him again.

I do like the tablet and the reindeer though.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-12-12 at 12:31.

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I do like the tablet and the reindeer though.
Haha maybe Carol will jump in for a more "Dave appeasing" experience

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund