Active Topics

Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
investigating what?.........
The sale of the Jolla tablets on Taobao. It's linked in the tweets (and earlier in this thread)

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
But all puzzle pieces for a convincing watch are in place.
Not sure I agree. At all.

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
That is indeed great news given that the it also includes the tablet shipment.
The blog won't tell whether the tablet shipment gets restarted. Antti mentioned that they still need to review what to do about the tablets, and that won't happen until after Christmas. And, one of the options mentioned is just sending out refunds to everyone...

Really happy to heard this news. I just hope that in the next future, Jolla will be able to learn from its mistakes, improving communication, transparency, and not making promise wich aren't sure to be respected. I also hope a more openness (of course under a sort of license that doesn't allow new companies to just come and steal all the work done, but give community's developers possibility of improving it and use it for no profit purpose- just as proposed in some previous irc meet)..
But in the meanwhile, really really CONGRATULATION for all hard work done and for being able to deal wich this economical/financial hard time...You eventually seems toe able to see some light after the tunnel, and I have to admire you for that.

PS: just to joke (but not at all). From now, I hope you will be really careful to use word " SOON" since it could be dangerous

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
The blog won't tell whether the tablet shipment gets restarted. Antti mentioned that they still need to review what to do about the tablets, and that won't happen until after Christmas. And, one of the options mentioned is just sending out refunds to everyone...
Wtf! Review? Not acceptable.

Refund OK. Tablet OK. Nothing NOT OK.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

dave be calm...he means that they have to meet just to decide if choose refund or go on with producing and shipping

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Refund OK. Tablet OK. Nothing NOT OK.
So. Tell us, which option is the right one? The tablet is a bit old now, the factory is unhappy, customers are unhappy. But just sending out a refund will make lots of folks even more unhappy. And, choose right this instant, since you don't want to take time to review.

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by itdoesntmatt View Post
i translated something with g translate and tried to buy one. seems to ask for chinese adress for payment and i guess,delivery
If you want to go that route, search for a Taobao *agent*.
They do exactly this business of buying stuff on Taobao market and shipping it to their western customers.
How trustable / reliable they are it's up to you to decide when you contact them.

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
Not sure I agree. At all.
Same here. I've a 70 year old watch that is still useful, requires no software updates and no charging.

I've a 3 year old smartwatch that is as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Smartwatches try to solve a problem that has already been solved.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
So. Tell us, which option is the right one? The tablet is a bit old now, the factory is unhappy, customers are unhappy. But just sending out a refund will make lots of folks even more unhappy. And, choose right this instant, since you don't want to take time to review.
Refund to the customers that wants that. Tablet to the ones that and no tablet to the one that will change it to gift.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund