I have two issues on 2.0.1.7, and I have no clue if they're regressions or original issues (so help would be appreciated).

1) When playing music through bluetooth, it plays for anywhere from 2 seconds to 2 minutes (rough guesses), then stops playing completely. When I turn it off, the bluetooth device thinks it's still connected. To turn bluetooth back on, I need to reboot the phone.

2) When I use flash with the camera, I either get extraordinarily over bright photos, or green photos. I'm not sure why it varies.

I'll be getting logs when I get a chance and will help to figure the issues out, I just wanted to narrow it down a bit first since I'm not sure if these issues are present on previous builds.

PS: great work llelectronics. Maybe this is a sign we should work on moving to cm12 based builds.

How can I copy this file in /vendor/lib/hw/?? If I'm root I became this Error: "only read filesystem". :-(

Originally Posted by boebbele View Post
How can I copy this file in /vendor/lib/hw/?? If I'm root I became this Error: "only read filesystem". :-(
I recommend terminal or ssh paired with "devel-su cp -f SENSOR_SO_LOCATION /vendor/lib/hw/"

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
Originally Posted by llelectronics View Post
Based on the suggestion to replace the binary blob .so file.
I searched for one that
1) works on my version without issues
2) does not suffer from that bug

and tada I found an .so file from Android 5.0.2 that works flawlessly and for the first few hours I am testing it currently I had no high cpu usage of sensor.qcom or sensorfw anymore.

Before testing it on your own. Remove my script or the .service file or any other solution you had installed that restarts sensorfwd to make sure it works for you to.
I tested it on my updated 2.0.1 installation.

Get this sensors.msm8974.so file extract it and put the sensors.msm8974.so into /vendor/lib/hw/

Make sure to make a backup of the file thats already in there just in case.

After that reboot your device.
Now try testing with top open in a ssh session and see if it works for you.

For me its working fine and I now get a clearly longer battery life as its also using almost nothing of the cpu when using the accelerometer to switch orientation in browser or video player. (or do the shaking test)

Hope that settles it finally :P
I am impressed llelectronics, the Android 5.0.2 library for sensors seems to work very well for me, tested with SFOS 2.0.1.7. I am going to share this information with sledges so that he can decide how to handle it in the mainstream.

ps LowPowerMode doesn't work for me.

Last edited by BluesLee; 2016-02-23 at 14:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
alo i want to update to 2.0.1.7 is sfdroid working well on 2.0.1.7 ? tks sorry for my bad english

Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
I probably made something wrong with the systemd service because it didn't seem to work as expected.

So, I'm trying the "new" sensors.msm8974.so and PROBLEM: the proximity sensor does not work at all. Rebooted the phone twice.

And no need to reboot the phone, just restart the sensors framework to take new drivers into account.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to romu For This Useful Post:
Do you get any error message regarding that sensor when restarting the sensorfwd service in journalctl (down at the bottom reachable by pressing GG on the keyboard)?

And just for reference the sensor works fine here.

Donate using Liberapay

Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Here is the journal when I restart the sensors framework with your driver:

Code:
Feb 23 11:10:04 Jolla systemd[1]: Stopping Sensor daemon for sensor framework...
Feb 23 11:10:04 Jolla systemd[1]: Starting Sensor daemon for sensor framework...
Feb 23 11:10:04 Jolla sensorfwd[7135]: [SocketHandler]: Unlinked stale socket "/var/run/sensord.sock" 
Feb 23 11:10:04 Jolla sensorfwd[7135]: Created a daemon 
Feb 23 11:10:04 Jolla systemd[1]: Started Sensor daemon for sensor framework.
Feb 23 11:10:04 Jolla lipstick[987]: [D] AbstractSensorChannelInterface::stopFinished:185 - "No such object path '/SensorManager/orientationsensor'" 
Feb 23 11:10:12 Jolla sensors.sh[459]: 0.0
Feb 23 11:10:12 Jolla sensors.sh[459]: CPU Usage of sensors.qcom: 0
Feb 23 11:10:12 Jolla sensors.sh[459]: Nothing to do
Just tried again to swap between your driver and the original one, same, proximity doesn't work.

Ah so it didn't work before for you.
Hmm... maybe its broken or you are using a different revision of nexus 5 then I do (or others)
I don't see an error message on the driver not loading though because of errors in your journalctl log.

Donate using Liberapay

if this issue has been fixed maybe its time to look at a cm12 port to see if the drivers have improved at all.