Originally Posted by nh1402 View Post
why do you say that
sarcasm [sahr-kaz-uh m] n.
  1. harsh or bitter derision or irony.
  2. a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark:
    a review full of sarcasms.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JiiHoo View Post
Well, don't bother to look for "Made in Finland" and FCC&CE stamps in first evaluation devices:

http://suomimobiili.fi/turing-phonej...inakaan-viela/

* First shipped phones will be manufactured in China.
* Snapdragon 820 version of the phone will get FCC&CE approvals, evaluation version won't.

Edit: And only 128GB version will be available, 16GB and 64GB version have been scrapped according to the article.
Is this surprise that they are not made in Finland? They said in March that first batch is made in China:

http://www.hs.fi/kotimaa/a1457146835509

Ensimmäisen erän puhelimet on tehty Kiinassa, mutta Chaon mukaan Kiina ei sovi kalliin turvapuhelimen valmistusmaaksi. Sen takia yritys on valinnut Salon valmistuspaikaksi.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MisterMaster For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
why do you say that,
sarcasm [sahr-kaz-uh m] n.
  1. harsh or bitter derision or irony.
  2. a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark:
    a review full of sarcasms.
Yes, it is partly sarcasm but there is a bitter truth in there!

When I think back several years, I had N9 as my primary mobile device and it had 64GB of storage. (granted, the partitioning scheme was a real waste but that was easy to fix...)

That was top-of-the-line device in 2011, that's five years ago!
When you take Moore's law into account it means that the amount of top-of-the-line devices today should be around 2^(5*12/18) which comes to just under 10 times, namely 640GB!

If the top-of-the-line devices should have around half TB storage about now it stands to reason even the tiniest devices should have at least 128GB, right?

Please check my logic, it is absolutely watertight.

I have a 32GB nexus 5, and the only reason I use half that is because I have 5 ROMS running in multirom for varying reasons, otherwise its just a sliver.
This stands to reason especially with Nexus line of devices since there is not even a SD card you could use as memory extension.

It is absolutely unforgiveable that manufacturers release devices with next to no storage. It is a disgrace!

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
since someone added the tags here I have been called upon to follow this scam until:

Tags are removed.
This proves to be a scam.
This proves to be real.

Or whichever comes first.

You live in a age with almost unlimited storage and constant network access don't be so bitter.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-07-04 at 18:27.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
You live in a age with almost unlimited storage and constant network access don't be so bitter.
IF this comment was meant for me regarding the amount of memory in today's devices, well in your dreams baby...

In theory you could have all your stuff on a server attached to the network 24/7 (and I do, actually) but I still like to have locally cached storage on the device. The connectivity is way too spurious and slow when you are on the move or camping in the deep woods.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
The connectivity is way too spurious and slow
Not to forget expensive. Yes I know there are "cheap" data packages. Dave999 him/herself was once boasting with some €30 a month. €30 is what I spend on calls, messages and data in about 6 months. All of that is new content, like news or this forum. Stuff that I have to download again and again because it changes all the time. Stuff that is mine and does not change - like my music collection, for example - I find hard to justify accessing from "the cloud", whatever that is.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
When you take Moore's law into account it means that the amount of top-of-the-line devices today should be around 2^(5*12/18) which comes to just under 10 times, namely 640GB!
I agree with your reasoning. However it is not because we can that it makes sense in all cases.

Audio quality has not evolved much since the compact disk in the 1980's, not because we cannot, but because it wouldn't change a thing to the user.
About storage, for people that don't store videos, 16 or 32GB can fit quite well. Audio and photo files have not grown much in size in the last years, so storage for those don't need to follow a moore law growth.
For videos, it still grows a lot (especially with 4K and/or 60/120 fps modes), and for those use cases 640GB would indeed not be too much.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
Posts: 329 | Thanked: 422 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ derpton
To further add, Moore's law applies to "the number of transistors in a dense integrated circuit" in the strict sense, and to "computing power" in the looser sense.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to herpderp For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by herpderp View Post
To further add, Moore's law applies to "the number of transistors in a dense integrated circuit" in the strict sense, and to "computing power" in the looser sense.
Ssshhh... I want them to actually deliver 640gb phones.

Actually thanks for pointing that out.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
IF this comment was meant for me regarding the amount of memory in today's devices, well in your dreams baby...

In theory you could have all your stuff on a server attached to the network 24/7 (and I do, actually) but I still like to have locally cached storage on the device. The connectivity is way too spurious and slow when you are on the move or camping in the deep woods.
It was directed in the general direction of all(except Gerbick OFC)

ouh deep woods working from there is far from ideal...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:

Tags
dave999scam, sailfish, scamfish, turing, turingphone