Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by lal View Post
And the stock headphones don't perform good
At least you got headphones. Jolla cost 4 times as much when it was new and did not come with headphones. And Jolla tablet, for the lucky few who got it, did not even come with a charger(!).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by lal View Post
*snip*
I'm content with the battery life. The phone lives through the day even with decently heavy usage which includes WiFi, a lot of browsing over 2G/3G data and some video play back. *snip*
Can confirm for Jolla C.
The first days with really heavy usage and curious testing still got me through a whole working day with 10% alarm going off in the early evenings.

Yesterday, normal usage i guess, bluetooth, wifi, data always on, some browsing, some 10 phone calls, some hours of music playback with display off, some minutes of navigation and i still had ~40% wenn going to bed.
Ah yes, and i finally got bored from Pokemon go and deinstalled, makes a difference.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
At least you got headphones. Jolla cost 4 times as much when it was new and did not come with headphones. And Jolla tablet, for the lucky few who got it, did not even come with a charger(!).
I think you got a charger for the tablet if you wanted it. If you did not check some box that you want charger then you did not get one.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MisterMaster For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
honestly, we disagree here.
I never used any stock headphones and charge with a decent multicarger since ages. So the offer perfectly catered at least my needs.

Politically, i am all for speciallized companys doing dedicated quality products which you could never expect to be included in a stock accessorie bundle.
So better leave them out completely to not support production of rubbish, raw material wasting and propably unethically produced cheapo gadgets imho. </rant: off>

A god way would be companies like Sennheiser or Anker collaborating with "fitting" suppliers and offer discounts with a bought device.
Like you buy an Aquafish and get 10% discount on the latest Anker products.

Originally Posted by MisterMaster View Post
I think you got a charger for the tablet if you wanted it. If you did not check some box that you want charger then you did not get one.
It was completly excluded.
But made available as seperate item to order in Jolla shop.

Last edited by mosen; 2016-07-27 at 10:48. Reason: typos again and answere to mistermaster

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I agree that headphones are not essential and therefore could be optional. Still I think it is nice of companies to provide them. Even rubbish headphones are better than none.

A charger is a different matter entirely. You can use a phone without headphones but not without a charger. You may have a whole stack of them at home but a company selling a device that needs one cannot assume that you do.

A charger is not optional. It is the most essential piece of equipment you can possibly imagine. Selling a battery powered device without a charger is not even like selling a car without a spare tire, it is like selling a car without the driver's seat. Sure there are companies that sell better driver seats than those that came with the car. That does not mean a car should be sold without one.

Factoring in the short battery life these devices have and how frequently the chargers break, there is no such thing as too many chargers. I do not know about you but in our household we have 3 to 4 devices plugged in every night. On top of that I need at least one charger at work, otherwise my Jolla would not carry me through the day.

I am all for reducing waste but I do not think skimping on the charger is the right place.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Thanks for taking time and elborate.
Good point on the charger. agreed i am to idealistic.
I do not want to force my usecase on other people but what i have is a 6 port anker 50watt charger with custom made "deviceholders" in the corridor where family places its devices when not carrying or use them inhouse.
Plus the mentioned heap of >10 chargers collected historically and mostly never used.
While mobile i have a 20A powerbank for ~8 Jolla charges.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Trust me, if you had the chance to use this headphone, you would have wished to have never touched it! It's not just the voice quality but even the material used to manufacture it. Guess I was too polite when I said the stock headphones don't perform good

But anyway I believe adding a headphone and charger to the deliverables make the package complete. And the AquaFish includes a well described user manual as well. I am seeing something like that only ages after the Nokia era! That is very welcome too, especially because Sailfish is a fairly 'new' OS to the masses.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lal For This Useful Post:
Yes, regarding the complete Package, i am still impressed with the beautifull pictured box and can understand where they come from to deliver a complete set. But ohhh, humans must change

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jul 2016 @ India
Got my phone today
It's just awesome in this price.
It feels like they have given us special promotional phone

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to bhavin192 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Anyone in EU bought theirs from indian ebay???

The Following User Says Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:

Tags
intex, sailfishos, scamalot!, scamfish