Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
As I stated before, Dynamite. Skepticism runs high here unfortunately about Turing. I'd suggest that you do not take it personal and if anything I appreciate you answering our questions.

Thank you.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Please guys differentiate between TRI possibly formost trying to snatch millions of subventions than to deliver to all backers.
And a backer who luckily got one of the few phones and is so kind to join us.
I hope you are realizing you imply TRI sent dynamite as a mole to convince us... Oh yeah, we are a very important peer group and need to be convinced... a little too much self-esteem for no reason i would say.
Him coming here and not tweeting or facebooking about it is proof enough for me.

Never felt so embarrassed visiting a tmo threads before and i am missing words beyond personal insult...
Sorry dynamite, we had such a good start, hope you will not leave us in utter laughter.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Dont take that as an insult. After jolla tablet scam we have to double and trippleCheck everything even remotley related to jolla.

We live in a insecure world and jolla learned me I cant trust anyone on the www.

Looking forward to trade My second refund for a Turing.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Don't take anything that Dave999 says seriously. He has some personal grudge with Jolla and uses every excuse to throw in the s-word.

Truth is, after jolla tablet scam dubious rumours from TRI we have to double and triple check everything even remotely related to jolla Turing Phone.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
Originally Posted by Dynamite View Post
Personally I think it's absurd you're accusing me of running some scam or lying. What do I have to gain by lying? This is the last pic I'll be posting to "prove" my phone is real cause clearly the browser w a date clear as day isnt sufficient enough for some of you
Sorry if this sounded personnal. As stated, you don't have to prove me anything, that would be Turing's job.
Anyway, Turing's bad communication and delays, following other failed or limited availlability of other sailfishOS based devices means I (and others here) will take all informations about this device with a pinch of salt, and look for anything suspicious...

Thanks again for staying with us and taking time to share.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Don't take anything that Dave999 says seriously. He has some personal grudge with Jolla and uses every excuse to throw in the s-word.

Truth is, after jolla tablet scam dubious rumours from TRI we have to double and triple check everything even remotely related to jolla Turing Phone.
That is absolutly right, execept for is not personal.

You should always think twice before Trust stuff on WWW. Don't assume anything is right. Think for yourself.

Also never take yourself Too serious. That is a common misstake around here.

Would be nice with more Turing users. One Phone in the wild is not enough. How mony dilivered?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-08-18 at 10:30.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
I agree with Dave on this one. Apart from one or two Phones (Prototypes?) out in the wild nothing. Not.a single review on a magazine or trustworthy platform. Scam still smells like scam.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gaelic For This Useful Post:
It's a scam. Anyone who claims otherwise is either hopelessly naive or shilling for them.

They claimed to have 10K paid pre-orders.

There are possibly 3-4 of these confirmed out in the wild, despite 'shipping' for, what, 5 or 6 weeks now?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluefoot For This Useful Post:
How many confirmations would convince you it's real? I suspect even 10k personally delivered to you would not be enough.
And of course you wouldn't come out and aknowledge you were wrong afterwards, just like when you were certain of Jolla's death.
You are funny.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 243kof For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bluefoot View Post
It's a scam. Anyone who claims otherwise is either hopelessly naive or shilling for them.

They claimed to have 10K paid pre-orders.

There are possibly 3-4 of these confirmed out in the wild, despite 'shipping' for, what, 5 or 6 weeks now?
I remember reading somewhere that they have refunded most of the 10k pre-orders over the years. Maybe here?

Edit:

https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...&postcount=555

From the video, min. 19.40 , I understand that they had 12.000 reservations. They lost 10.000 of them due bla bla bla, remaining with 2000 preorders and later they lost another 30% due delays. Only 70% of these committed to buy.
So, 1400 TRI phones should be shipped. BUT, not in one batch.

Last edited by MisterMaster; 2016-08-18 at 11:57.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MisterMaster For This Useful Post:

Tags
dave999scam, sailfish, scamfish, turing, turingphone