Seems they don't like leaks very much.
http://www.cnet.com.au/apple-iphone-...7.htm?feed=rss

Police have seized computers and servers belonging to an editor of Gizmodo in an investigation that appears to stem from the gadget blog's purchase of a lost Apple iPhone prototype.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Apple or the police? I think the paperwork starts/stops with the attorney general.

Contrary to popular belief, Apple does not control the police force. They reported what happened, and the police take it from there...

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Well. At least that 100% confirms that it probably was the final version of iPhone4. =P

I doubt Police would not have gotten involved if Apple hadn't gone to them and filed a complaint.

Ah, the 1984 commercial...

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

I followed Gizmodo until they started bragging about how they got the 4th-generation iPhone. It was unethical at best, especially after they threw some guy under the bus. And that was enough to make me stop reading their stuff.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
That's the logical thing to do.

If Apple doesn't pursue gizmodo to the best of their ability then they are setting precedence of letting go/being weak toward future leaks.

They will use the law & legal system first, but who knows what strings they'll pull if this police action fails.

But reading the gizmodo response letters, I have a feeling that the guy was ready for something like this...

Moderator edit: oops, sorry ysss-- clicked the wrong button!
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Last edited by Texrat; 2010-04-27 at 04:05.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
But reading the gizmodo response letters, I have a feeling that the guy was ready for something like this...
heh... they've probably already approached their ad clients about upping fees.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
lol yeah that... and disinfected his machines from all the torrent downloads... infringing mails, IMs, browser history/cache, etc...
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!