Notices

Took a while, but finally I pushed the development version for the N900 to extras-testing. The noticeable changes compared to the current stable version 0.10.5 are:

* Many smilText and expressions for SMIL state improvements
* Fix playing files in directories containing utf8 characters
* -max option for knpplayer that uses the full screen area
* Add pseudo process that first tries gstreamer and then mplayer

B.t.w. for harmattan the porting efforts can be found at https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_id=42 and WorldTV at https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_id=753

The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to koos For This Useful Post:
Thanks koos! Seems to be working fine.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Acidspunk For This Useful Post:
In this latest edition, an extra on-screen 'back' button is added to easily navigate between playlist, using the forward button, and video window. As you can see in the screenshots, the buttons and playlist now nicely blend with the video.
So now one can search for a new channel while still watching the running one. Nice thing is that it hardly has an impact on the kinetic scrolling performance.

What do you think of this?

Btw, www.my-meego.com, despite its outdated description is now linked to 0.10.9.906-1
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to koos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 152 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Shanghai, China
Hi, Koos

I have a question about kmplayer on N9 now.

I get the mplayer for Harmattan here : http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=80031

and use kmplayer from https://garage.maemo.org/projects/kmplayer/ as the frontend.

On N900, In SiB (another frontend for mplayer), I can enable the "framedrop" function by clicking "Ctrl + D".

As we all know, N9 does not have a HW keyboard like N900/N950,

So it is impossible to do this,

My question is, can you help to build a "Drop Frame" button in the next release ?

Besides, I do not know what is the "+" button for ? Is this a framedrop button already ? It seems not.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by lanwellon View Post
I have a question about kmplayer on N9 now.
Found this message on four places now
For now I answered it on meego handset forum. Don't know what's the best place anymore. I thought talk.maemo.org is going away next year, don't know its status now that meego is dead.

koos, km player suddenly quits while browsing through folders, it it a known issue? will there be any fixes for it?

Originally Posted by nkirk View Post
koos, km player suddenly quits while browsing through folders, it it a known issue? will there be any fixes for it?
Unknown to me. I assume you mean the n900 0.10.6-2 edition btw.
Can you reproduce it? If so, maybe describe the browsing pattern. And maybe any other information that may affect kmplayer (like an overclocked system).

koos, km player suddenly quits while browsing through folders
same here...

yes the latest one. cant reproduce it but it happens randomly but often when i try to browse.

1: when you hit "open" icon.
2: open and scrolling.
3: open> when selecting a file

Player just quits in all of the above scenarios.

Happens with a modest OC and without too.

Edit:

Not sure this is caused due to too much under volting (SR), will report back after testing with sane voltages.

Last edited by nkirk; 2011-12-11 at 14:25.

yes the latest one. cant reproduce it but it happens randomly but often when i try to browse.

1: when you hit "open" icon.
2: open and scrolling.
3: open> when selecting a file

Player just quits in all of the above scenarios.

Happens with a modest OC and without too.

Edit:

Not sure this is caused due to too much under volting (SR), will report back after testing with sane voltages.
Okay so this is related to the file dialog then. I just ran valgrind in scratchbox and indeed got lots of errors at when opening the file dialog.
Now I wonder where that comes from, nothing has changed in this area (famous last words of course

The Following User Says Thank You to koos For This Useful Post: