Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
Saw This Article....anybody Have It?

http://easternmorningherald.com/noki...n-rom/1211570/

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Yeah they release it, but like the others nitdroid scum, it's not fully functional, what can you use it for, i guess they are duing with purpose that way to make ugly our N9 phones by altering settings on meego os, i will newer install it again if it's not fully functional and without afecting my meego os!

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Well, since you can buy a JB device for $200, there is no big reason to run it on the N9 except novelty value. It is nice that it can be done at all.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by An9 View Post
Yeah they release it, but like the others nitdroid scum, it's not fully functional, what can you use it for, i guess they are duing with purpose that way to make ugly our N9 phones by altering settings on meego os, i will newer install it again if it's not fully functional and without afecting my meego os!
What the hell? NITDroid doesn't change settings on MeeGo, it simply puts some files someplace. I'm pretty sure with the right kernel config you don't even need sillyboot.

Anyways, it's pretty easy to install if you're able to follow the directions properly. It's also made pretty clear that actual phone functions don't work, so don't get your hopes up.

Sure, instaling existing nitdroid on n9 is afecting Meego os system, it's sloowing down a bit, it does not remember loogins that you have to loog everytime you enter a site or twitter app and crashes, and i em not sure one more thing sens is making us repeat entering paswords sounds like there is kind of spyware built with it, but i em not 100% sure about it.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by An9 View Post
Sure, instaling existing nitdroid on n9 is afecting Meego os system, it's sloowing down a bit, it does not remember loogins that you have to loog everytime you enter a site or twitter app and crashes, and i em not sure one more thing sens is making us repeat entering paswords sounds like there is kind of spyware built with it, but i em not 100% sure about it.
you keep having to enter passwords because you are in open mode...its an easy solution delete the following three folders:

/home/user/.aegis
/home/user/.accounts
/home/user/.activesync

remember it'll delete all your accounts and you've to re-create them...but then after one reboot all passwords will be remembered...

Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
What the hell? NITDroid doesn't change settings on MeeGo, it simply puts some files someplace. I'm pretty sure with the right kernel config you don't even need sillyboot.

Anyways, it's pretty easy to install if you're able to follow the directions properly. It's also made pretty clear that actual phone functions don't work, so don't get your hopes up.
Instaling is not that dificult, it just take litle time, but after you install it then on nitdroid no camera function, no calls are posible, no sms or mms, no other can call you, that is not much use for, and when booting on Meego then problems rise, unstable and shoppy, looging problems, can't remember any paswords or is it tricky that we have to enter each time our paswords so the warms can collect them or such , it was not suppose to affect Meego os but it does.

Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
@An9 who pissed on your parade, why so hostile towards nitdroid.

If you've read the how to's a little better you wouldn't be writing that rant of yours.

It's not affecting the MeeGo experience other than I had to delete those 3 folder to prevent login every time I boot back to MeeGo. Then there's the gps thing wich pops up when using camera/sports tracker etc. you have to accept the first time using those apps after boiting back to MeeGo.
These things are minor things concidering what it gives me.

Regards Dousan...

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan

It's about comunity i care i em engaged in.... strogled few days because of this unfinished nitdroid, so i don't like the rest to fall victimes to!
p.s, someone of us...can easy bracke it's phone by mistake trying to flash...or like i had wipe by mistake complet software on my phone, or one other time, i couldn't start phone anymore, till i found the way how to do that....!