Active Topics

Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
After having read Jolla is already working on the J2, I think the time has come to give Jolla our expectations.

First, I'd like to start with an assumption. I assume the J2 will be strictly identical to the J1 regarding exterior aspect and sizes. Why? Just to maintain TOH hardware compliance.

If I'm right, it's great news. That would say Jolla doesn't enter the planned obscolescence world.

So personaly, I'm dreaming of the J2 with:
- An OLED 720p screen with active notifications
- 2 GB of RAM for the future
- 32 GB of storage.

And to me, that's all. Your turn.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to romu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Poland
I wish it was smaller. N9 size would be great.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to szymeczek34 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 130 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Vienna, Austria
I agree on the form factor, I assume that's the reason for the rather big bezel on the J1, which has just the perfect size imho (my girlfriend finds it too big for her small hands, though).

- agree on 720p, would love if it were a little larger with less bezel

- LPS capability is a must, period

- while I find CPU more than sufficient on the J1, I'd love to see an updated and faster chipset with even better power saving capabilities

- 2 GB RAM, and if it's only for the uneducated spec-hunters. and, of course futureproofing

- still don't see the need for more than 16 GB internal storage, I think there should be the option to choose, if at all. If you really need more, there's always the SD Slot. I think this is where saving money is easy without limiting usefulness.

- sapphire glass front

- maybe option to choose color of bezel

- better build quality, phones can not be sturdy enough (J1 is ok though)

writing this up, I realize again what an awesome phone the J1 already is

The Following User Says Thank You to dommau For This Useful Post:
Posts: 130 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by szymeczek34 View Post
I wish it was smaller. N9 size would be great.
full backwards compatibility of OH hardware is a key factor to Jolla's success, it'd be stupid to drop that USP.

buuuut have you seen that leaked Nokia Normandy Android? Sailfish would be very sexy on it, and it's supposed to be a tad smaller IIRC.

The Following User Says Thank You to dommau For This Useful Post:
Spec wise I don't have any real big requests, just upgraded from the last one. Screen resolution should go up, especially if the screen is bigger.
Design change is indeed a bit problematic. I'm not huge fan of the current one, mainly because how it fits to your hand. At the same time going for totally new design is problematic because of OTH.

That OTH will always restrict how flexible they can be with screen size.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
They have lots of bugs and work to do for the current Jolla. Would they abandon their first adaptors?

The Following User Says Thank You to youmeego For This Useful Post:
Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
They have lots of bugs and work to do for the current Jolla. Would they abandon their first adaptors?
Why would you? Noone said that.

The Following User Says Thank You to romu For This Useful Post:
A new Jolla has to support currently unsupported 3G and 4G frequencies (like used in US). That would be my number one requirement. Even if they don't go for selling it there, they should support it.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mind_the_gap For This Useful Post:
Posts: 74 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Bavaria
- at least 720p amoled screen
- low power mode feature like n9
- smaller size (jolla phone is just to big for me)...i doubt this will happen though
- 64gb or sd card expansion

The Following User Says Thank You to v0id For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I started thinking about this, and I really have to say the current specification is fairly good.
LPS screen is really the only thing I am missing on the HW side, and maybe LTE modem functionality, even as 3G is pretty much OK for now.

So, my wish list is pretty short for the new device: just LPS with OLED screen, and current connectivity modem chip set (whatever it will be at that time...)

Otherwise I am happy with the CPU, RAM, storage, display size, all is OK in the device.

As long as SW is being actively updated and remains hackable, I am satisfied

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, jolla 2