Active Topics

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Marc D leaving the ship. should I get worried?

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
Marc D leaving the ship. should I get worried?
Chuck Norris shouldn't worry.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Chuck Norris shouldn't worry.
Yeah! Worry should get Chuck Norris!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Or should I say left! Big surprise and looks to be confirmed now. If there was someone I thought would be there to the end it was Marc.

Met him at the launch event and he was a truly inspiring speaker. I didn't see him as the captain of the Jolla ship, more THE ship.

Wish him well in whatever he moves to.

Mod edit:
Corrected thread title

Last edited by HtheB; 2015-09-07 at 23:27.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
That surprises me!

The Following User Says Thank You to jolla-pirate For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
i believe he is taking more of the role of commodore, governing multiple ships
Ha at first I thought you were comparing Jolla to Commodore. I still have a couple Amigas hanging around from the 80s. That was a company with potential that messed up. I hope Jolla does better.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
What happened??!
:/

This is seriously a bad news to Jolla....
Reminds me of the N9 story....

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Total surprise for me too. Founders often do move on fairly quickly once past the excitement of a startup and perhaps the direction of the company changes so perhaps it's just that.

It does however feel like Jobs left Apple rather than Woz.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
I think that something bad is going at Jolla.
Normally, they would write a blog, a tweet, or whatever to announce it... But there is nothing to be found...

Pretty sure some nda sh*t is going on why they can't tell the reason of his leaving... but I would love to hear from Dillon itself about this...

I know that Dillon really gave his heart on Jolla... And leaving the company even before the tablet is released?........

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
And leaving the company even before the tablet is released?........
Actually, the most harrowing days for the tablet are in the rear-view mirror. The problems with the display must have had folks at Jolla pulling their hair out. But they've managed to get past that, put together a device, and finally get all the pieces in place to get it shipped out. Sure, there has been some last-minute wrangling with logistics, but for all intents and purposes, the tablet is now done.

So, Jolla now has two examples of devices running Sailfish, and they've even netted their first licensee for the OS. At this point, they've pretty much got what they need to sell their product; now, they just need to start making contracts with manufacturers.

I kind of wonder if maybe this is why Dillon is leaving at this point. Jolla is actually kind of well-positioned to start becoming a fairly large concern, and maybe he prefers the freedom of the tiny startup... Anyway, just my own musings here.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post: