Active Topics

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
Jolla's co founder and chairman Antti Saarnio is doing a speak Slush 2015 on thursday 11:40-12:00!

Jolla: the impossible story continues
Antti Saarnio Silver stage
Jolla shares the next chapter in their journey.
http://www.slush.org/agenda/

My girlfriend has a pass to get in.. Little bit jelly..

EDIT
For me(and you who is somehow not able to participate actual event) hopefully here will be live stream: http://www.slush.org/live-draft/

Last edited by eekkelund; 2015-11-09 at 21:04.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to eekkelund For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
have to say I lost interests in what he says. Action is needed now!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Let her come back with answers

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to focofoco For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
have to say I lost interests in what he says. Action is needed now!
Yeah it seems the vocal minority feel the same.

Given the vague promise that we would see a new phone before the end of 2015, if they don't announce one at SLUSH this week I do wonder how many people will give up on Jolla altogether.

Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
For sure if they talk, they gonna announce something and I am pretty sure that it is a phone but depends if they announce a phone from Jolla (the hw company exists now?) or only confirm the phone from Intex possibly coming to Europe also...
at least something in the code: https://git.merproject.org/mer-core/...rge_requests/7
but L500D does not seem that informative to me

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Yeah if they don't announce something interesting hardware-wise on Thursday, I may have to bow out of my 6-year journey through the Maemo dreamscape.

The Jolla I have now has always been a bit of a disappointment hardware-wise coming from the N9, which for me is still the pinnacle of the "family", although let down for today's usage by service-rot and lack of misc bits and bobs. I realise the J1 was a bit of a compromise and a last-minute rush through an ODM. I hope that the J2, having been hopefully crafted with plenty of time, will be the full realisation of what Jolla actually wants to build with a phone.

We shall see.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Oh good you people still hopes for a new Jolla Phone? CMON! ain't gonna happen!!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
If it's of any interest the Jolla developers seem to be referring to the current phone as "Jolla 1" in the git repo. I hope there is a Jolla 2, but for me it's not important. I'm waiting on software not new hardware.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 268 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
At the moment it seems that other manufacturers will release Sailfish phones before Jolla. Intex is likely to be first. Puzzle Phone is possible candidate, rumour has it that Jolla is helping with the porting. Yota phone has announced that they switch to Sailfish, but hard to say how it goes now that the ownership is slipping from Russia to China.

As the Jolla has not yet any other (official) than their own hardware running Sailfish, they might try to keep up momentum and interest by releasing yet another gadget with Sailfish. We now have a phone and a tablet (of the latter there are enough specimens to prove that is not just my daydream, now I just dream about receiving mine).

Maybe the next Jolla hardware is not a phone, but a drone, or a blueray player or perhaps a WiFi router running Sailfish instead of DD-WRT. Or perhaps a super computer? That would surely knock my socks off.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tsippaduida For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by P@t View Post
if they announce a phone from Jolla (the hw company exists now?)
The hw company has already existed for a year: Jolla Mobile Oy, Business ID 2644312-5, ID given 09/26/2014, Main line of business: Manufacture of communication equipment (26300).

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to att For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla bolla