Active Topics

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ São Paulo, SP, Brasil
Hi. Does anybody know how could I boot QNX on my N800?

There are these things called Board Support Package, BSP for QNX, and one of them if for OMAP 2420, the N800 / N810 processor. Does anybody know how would I boot QNX on the tablet? Could it be as simple as installing something to a memory card and use that boot program to run it, like Mer?...

I am a little tired of Maemo, and actually from all Linux distros. I am not even a little curious about Android. But I still love the tablet, its hardware, and POSIX systems, and I am also into signal processing, real-time and wearable stuff. I have only recently found out that QNX started to open their code, and I am getting very interested about trying it out.

I am about to receive a BeagleBoard, and I plan to run it there, but it would be great if I could also run it on my N800. Does anybody out there feel like trying it too?

Considering the last Qt release has support for QNX and VxWorks, I believe it's about time for us to start pushing a little more in that direction. Even more considering the general feeling of uncertainty around the MeeGo and the "Qt as default" changes. Heck, if we are going to change so much stuff, why not changing the underlying kernel too?

No replies as yet? Maybe we can get one of the hardware gurus to give us a clue if it can be done? I've used/played with QNX over the years and it seems like it would be a good (lightweight) fit if it had driver support for the N8x0 devices.