Active Topics

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Hi e-Yes, After testing this new release (for the first time), let me tell you that I'm quite satisfied of the result. I'm still testing it further.

Concerning games, as the N900 screen is not multitouch, I would like to know if there is a way to map certain actions in game to keys on the keyboard, i'm sure that technically it is possible, a bit like preenv games. How can I do it? What files can I tweak to map keys to Keyboard?

Concerning Applications, no major problem are detected.

Thanks again for this hard work and we are waiting for next releases. Keep up the good Job!

Originally Posted by yannis View Post
My /etc/multiboot.d folder has the following files:

00-Maemo-2.6.28-omap1.item - i.e Maemo
11-NITDroid-mmcblk0p2-2.6.28.NIT.06.item - i.e old kernel
11-NITDroid-mmcblk0p2-2.6.28.NIT.07.item - i.e new kernel

inside those 2 last .items there must be a line like tihs
ITEM_DEVICE=mmcblk0p2

So, don't leafpad at the /etc/multiboot.d/11 (there is no such file as "11")
Just enter those 2 last .item files and change line accordingly.
I learned myself the hard way :-)

@artron

See this post, you need to make sure that the multiboot menu points to the correct location.
Im using "ITEM_DEVICE=${INT_CARD}p2" because i have an MMC (micro SD card) plugged in my N900. if i change the like this "ITEM_DEVICE=mmcblk0p2", so i must unplug my MMC first. is Umay must run with unplug MMC, if i installed on EMMC?

this figured on my N900,
I Have MMC plugin.
i can boot to Maemo with Omap and power-kernel normaly on every boot. then i boot to Nitdroid and work correctly and normal to inside the Nitdroid OS, but i reboot or restart from Nitdroid and return to Multiboot menu and choose the menu from Omap and Power-kernel i alwast get " Guru Meditation : Required Files Not Found ".

so my problem is if i boot to Nitdroid then reboot and return to multiboot menu im alwasy lost my Omap Kernel dan power-kernel. so i must reflash "kernel only" again if i want to boot to maemo.

this my multiboot menu entry, maybe you can help or get some fix my entry:

file 1 (00-maemo-kernel-power46.item), the entry is :

Code:
ITEM_NAME="Maemo kernel-power46"
ITEM_KERNEL="2.6.28.10power46"
ITEM_MODULES=ext3
file 2 (01-maemo-2.6.28-omap1.item), the entry is :

Code:
ITEM_NAME="Maemo kernel-power46"
ITEM_KERNEL=2.6.28-omap1
file 3 (NITDroid2.6.28.07.item), the entry is :

Code:
ITEM_NAME="NITDroid 2.6.28.NIT.07 On mmcblk0p2"
ITEM_KERNEL=2.6.28.NIT.07
ITEM_MODULES=ext3
ITEM_DEVICE=${INT_CARD}p2
ITEM_FSTYPE=ext3
ITEM_FSOPTIONS=rw,noatime,errors=remount-ro

Posts: 88 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Spain
Originally Posted by Boemien View Post
Hi e-Yes, After testing this new release (for the first time), let me tell you that I'm quite satisfied of the result. I'm still testing it further.

Concerning games, as the N900 screen is not multitouch, I would like to know if there is a way to map certain actions in game to keys on the keyboard, i'm sure that technically it is possible, a bit like preenv games. How can I do it? What files can I tweak to map keys to Keyboard?

Concerning Applications, no major problem are detected.

Thanks again for this hard work and we are waiting for next releases. Keep up the good Job!
Interesting, a possible form to simulate multitouch with simple touch the screen and touch a key at the same time.

Could be magic if were possible.

Posts: 439 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ spain-aragon-zaragoza
keymapping , how as webos palm with preenv, but nothing yet

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by artron View Post
Im using "ITEM_DEVICE=${INT_CARD}p2" because i have an MMC (micro SD card) plugged in my N900. if i change the like this "ITEM_DEVICE=mmcblk0p2", so i must unplug my MMC first. is Umay must run with unplug MMC, if i installed on EMMC?
Make sure that your multiboot ".item" file for NITDroid is typed like this:

Code:
${INT_CARD}p2
instead of

Code:
mmcblk0p2
Originally Posted by artron View Post
this figured on my N900,
I Have MMC plugin.
i can boot to Maemo with Omap and power-kernel normaly on every boot. then i boot to Nitdroid and work correctly and normal to inside the Nitdroid OS, but i reboot or restart from Nitdroid and return to Multiboot menu and choose the menu from Omap and Power-kernel i alwast get " Guru Meditation : Required Files Not Found ".

so my problem is if i boot to Nitdroid then reboot and return to multiboot menu im alwasy lost my Omap Kernel dan power-kernel. so i must reflash "kernel only" again if i want to boot to maemo.
Hi Friend,

I experienced that problem before and got it solved. This is caused by forgetting a step in the NITDroid installation procedure, particularly these commands:

Code:

root
apt-get update
apt-get install nitdroid-installer
y
y again if it asks again.
I ran into the problem because I tried the uninstallation steps, and then tried to reinstall NITDroid (I just wanted to verify if the uninstallation procedure works that's why I did it. ).

So what happened was the exact same thing...I can boot into NITDroid properly, but after booting into NITDroid and wanting to go back to Maemo, I get the "Guru Meditation" problem. To solve it I had to always reflash (kernel only). I tried to think hard and remembered that I missed the steps I quoted above. So I did the steps and it solved the problem. If I remember correctly, those steps are required because it also installs the "Multiboot kernel" (so that you can boot between NITDroid and Maemo). Without it, you'll always get that problem you mentioned.

Hope this helps.

i see there is anew kernal for android (rc4) on your website downloads.nitdroid.com/e-yes

is it better for me?

waiting for your reply

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 1,019 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Moscow, Russia
Yes, it's especially build explicitly FOR YOU

The Following User Says Thank You to e-yes For This Useful Post:
"As the N900 screen is not multitouch, I would like to know if there is a way to map certain actions in game to keys on the keyboard, i'm sure that technically it is possible, a bit like preenv games. How can I do it? What files can I tweak to map keys to Keyboard???"

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Originally Posted by vitaliys View Post
"As the N900 screen is not multitouch, I would like to know if there is a way to map certain actions in game to keys on the keyboard, i'm sure that technically it is possible, a bit like preenv games. How can I do it? What files can I tweak to map keys to Keyboard???"
I think it's a copy/paste of my previous post! hahahahahah!

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 1,019 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Moscow, Russia
Workflow is quite simple:

modify
http://gitorious.org/android-n900/pl...i/EventHub.cpp , recompile framework/base, test it, contribute a patch.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to e-yes For This Useful Post:

Tags
android, nitdroid