Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Livinmalife View Post
Wowwww. Can't believe I spent £4 on this....

The game is pretty lame, easy and boring all in one. I was hoping for something a little more... Very dissapointed.
£4 does seem like a lot. CrApp Store has a "lite" version for free and the full game for £1.79. Think I'm gonna pass this one up, although looking forward to more items coming into Ovi.
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 637 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by badboyuk View Post
Can't believe they are charging £4 for this rubbish rope tie puzzle game! what a rip off!
Graphics look good but for gameplay and value for money it is a waste! I would pay £1 at the most for this lol
They need to release jurrassic 3D rollercoaster already! that would be a sh*t hot game to play
As one of the developers I've always been puzzled by this sort of feedback. As such it would be great to hear some clarifications:

- Did you actually play Zen Bound? You are commenting how its gameplay doesn't offer value for money, but I get the impression you are not one of our customers.

- If you have played the game, how did you come to the decision of purchasing it? Did you look at the screenshots, read the description of the game and maybe some reviews on websites?

- If you did look at the screenshots, read the description and some reviews, what kind of expectations did you have regarding meditatively wrapping rope around wooden objects that the game does not meet?

It would be nice get serious answers to the above. We'd really like to be able to communicate more clearly that this is a game where nothing explodes, and avoid causing any further random disappointments.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Frand For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Pretty neat and nice looking game for all who like little puzzles and slow paced games. Graphics are quite good.

This is pretty obvious (youtube is full of gamevideos from this game) but have to still say: People who like action stay away.*

.edit
*Looks like some users have difficulties to do research. Not new thing around here.

Last edited by slender; 2010-06-18 at 08:35.

nice game .. love the gameplay and music is pretty good too!

Posts: 349 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ PS/IL
Hey Frand, are there any on going projects to release more games for n900? I certainly liked Zen Bound and I'm looking forward for more.

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Malta
Originally Posted by Frand View Post
As one of the developers I've always been puzzled by this sort of feedback. As such it would be great to hear some clarifications:

- Did you actually play Zen Bound? You are commenting how its gameplay doesn't offer value for money, but I get the impression you are not one of our customers.

- If you have played the game, how did you come to the decision of purchasing it? Did you look at the screenshots, read the description of the game and maybe some reviews on websites?

- If you did look at the screenshots, read the description and some reviews, what kind of expectations did you have regarding meditatively wrapping rope around wooden objects that the game does not meet?

It would be nice get serious answers to the above. We'd really like to be able to communicate more clearly that this is a game where nothing explodes, and avoid causing any further random disappointments.
dont expect answers from that guy. He can go be unappreciative somewhere else. If he has something to criticise he should do so in a constructive manner.
The game is great and graphics are awesome. Well worth the price as I don't see other good games such as this that are free. Thanks to the developers for showing an interest in the N900.

Posts: 253 | Thanked: 184 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bristol, UK
On that note: release a demo.

I didn't bother installing Angry Birds until yesterday, even though it's been out for the N900 for some months now. The gameplay looked too constrained and it didn't look like the kind of thing that would hold my interest.

But yesterday I downloaded the demo on a whim & saw that it was polished, casual and fun. Within an hour I had paid for the level pack.

"meditatively wrapping rope around wooden objects", as you put it, will inevitably have an image problem with the ADHD generation. A demo would really help to let people know what to expect, and hopefully draw in waverers like me.

£4 is just high enough that I want some reassurance that I'll like it before I purchase. (Actually I'll probably buy it anyway to support the platform, but I doubt you can rely on charity!)

Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
Hey Frand, are there any on going projects to release more games for n900? I certainly liked Zen Bound and I'm looking forward for more.
The other game in the works (i.e. going through bug fixing & QA) is SPiN. (Gameplay video showing off an early gameplay level found via that link.)

As far as gameplay goes, SPiN is the polar opposite of Zen Bound. It's a hyperkinetic shape recognition arcade puzzle game. So don't buy it if you're looking for something calm and meditative

We're testing the waters with these two games. If their sales work out (i.e. the game generates more sales than it costs to take an engineer away from some other game project to do the port) then further games for this platform certainly make sense.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Frand For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cpm View Post
Hmm, the sound seems to be bypassing the volume control making it always loud, unless you use the phone's silent profile.
Zen Bound uses the volume buttons on the device to control its internal sound volume. There won't be graphical feedback, but the buttons control the game volume.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frand For This Useful Post:
Zen Bound uses the volume buttons on the device to control its internal sound volume. There won't be graphical feedback, but the buttons control the game volume.
I have to say, this is really annoying. Especially when you start it with no headphones plugged in and it starts blaring away even though you have the volume turned down. Is there a reason why it doesn't respect the system volume settings?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CormacB For This Useful Post: