Active Topics

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
would of been nice to see the n900 being mentioned....but really what else did you expect? Nokia is not going to commit itself to something it cannot/wont deliver.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by fieryriver View Post
Hmmm...someone actually realised the nokia exec avoiding n900 questions...

http://www.networkworld.com/news/201...tive-show.html
Yep and it is a crying shame Nokia have done this but maybe just maybe he never got to grips with the full history of current problems to be able to justify a good responce to any N900 q's, maybe he didnt want to look an idiot .

OK is maybe an excuse but hey...after spending 500 quid on this device we live in hope !!!.

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Malta
TBH i am perfectly fine with my n900 but it seems to me as if nokia ***** slapped us after the money we spent on the device (on Nokia). €550 and below-average support from nokia. what a waste. MeeGo looks interesting but I refuse to be an early adopter once again.
Actually, I think Nokia is not that bad but when it comes to N900 they seem to forget they have designed it themselves. What a shame and what a loss.
Hope Nokia knows what they're doing (and not just for themselves but also for their customers which eventually will benefit Nokia)

p.s. this is not a whine post. can people arround here complain about sth without being called whiners/trolls etc...?

The Following User Says Thank You to fieryriver For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
I get it.. you like twitter.

Congrats?
False! Totally false and not to the point. I like Twitter sometimes. The point of mentioning Wikipedia is that someone who assumed that anyone who ever used Wikipedia was committing themselves to "keeping up" with Wikipedia all the time was making a terrible assumption. And someone who assumes that using Twitter means that you are committing yourself to keeping up with Twitter is making an assumption just as bad.

No, these days I find Twitter filled with advertisements. But when it's useful, it's useful. Next time there's an earthquake, or Metro bombings in Moscow, I'll be there.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
€550 and below-average support from nokia. what a waste.
Could you please make some kind of scale of "support quality" with referring to other telecommunication companies on this area. For sake of it letīs say that in last 3-5 years. Make list of different companies and compare how they have managed to give support to their devices and put N900 on that scale.

IMHO
After N900 release we have seen huge amount of bug fixes (IMO it should have matured little bit before release but still) and looking Maemoīs bugzilla looks like itīs still getting those fixes for next PR release. Some people are happy and some people are not. Also we have to remember that people talking here are just little minority of N900 users so no-one really knows how happy/unhappy N900 users are. I would care to say that most of N900 owners do not even understand what maemo is. Maybe Nokia has some kind of internal statistics from web questionnaires so they probably know how some of users are feeling about this product.

But after all. the best channels to give feedback and complain are:
http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...ces/bd-p/maemo
http://conversations.nokia.com/
http://twitter.com/nokia

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Unfortunately, I'm a bit late to this party but in retrospect, the best question to put to a new PR exec about N900 would have been something along the lines of:

"What message does the way in which Nokia have treated the N900 user community send out to potential buyers of future Nokia smartphones, and how will this give any confidence to potential buyers of the N8 when it is eventually released?"

I suspect that Nokia have high hopes for the N8, but the anti-Nokians need only point the finger at the N900 (and N97) to cast doubt on the wisdom of buying into Nokia smartphone technology. I love my N900 and if it truly is supposed to be 'step four of five', then Nokia need to use it as an opportunity to demonstrate that they are capable of meaningful PR and customer support, not just hardware/software development.

The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew_b For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by slender View Post
Could you please make some kind of scale of "support quality" with referring to other telecommunication companies on this area. For sake of it letīs say that in last 3-5 years. Make list of different companies and compare how they have managed to give support to their devices and put N900 on that scale.
I may have said that without consideration but, for example let's look at the droid/milestone or even the htc desire, they're still getting support and will have froyo. I'm not saying we should get meego for n900 since that is a different os but seriously who still thinks we're getting more future updates from nokia? and besides maemo 5 was brand new and bam! "ok let's forget 'bout maemo it's all about meego now!"

this is just how i feel and i don't know if it's true or not. just tried to answer your question. Oh and i really hate hate hate loathe to bring this up but (forgive me I'm going to be blasphemous) iphone 3gs can be upgraded to ios4 unless i'm much mistaken though i heard it was plagued with problems, hence why i never have and never will touch anything branded with a bitten apple

Again this is just my opinion

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
I may have said that without consideration but, for example let's look at the droid/milestone or even the htc desire, they're still getting support and will have froyo. I'm not saying we should get meego for n900 since that is a different os but seriously who still thinks we're getting more future updates from nokia? and besides maemo 5 was brand new and bam! "ok let's forget 'bout maemo it's all about meego now!"
"still getting support" Desire was released 16 February 2010, droid/milestone November 6, 2009. Who thinks? Whatta F? Look maemos bugzilla and we are still getting at least one update and after that customized meego for N900.

Actually iPhone is pretty good example for long term support. Even thought new Os updates come to old iphones with certain restrictions and limited new features.

Iīm not saying that support should not be better but iīm just trying to say that itīs not that bad as some people yell here. Itīs freaking weird that people taking something so granted after 5 seconds.

this is just how i feel and i don't know if it's true or not. just tried to answer your question. Oh and i really hate hate hate loathe to bring this up but (forgive me I'm going to be blasphemous) iphone 3gs can be upgraded to ios4 unless i'm much mistaken though i heard it was plagued with problems, hence why i never have and never will touch anything branded with a bitten apple

Again this is just my opinion
Yes i feel too but after all itīs just a thing.

Originally Posted by slender View Post
Iīm not saying that support should not be better but iīm just trying to say that itīs not that bad as some people yell here. Itīs freaking weird that people taking something so granted after 5 seconds.
I have never said support was a disaster but just like you i think it could be better.
Besides, you can kinda understand those who as you say "yell here". Nokia is still, like, the Big thing in the handset market from low to high end but if they want to remain in competition they should listen to the customers and provide better support damn it. It might sound like I'm asking too much but this is 2010 and customers are looking for support/upgrades/enhancements all the time. And as I see it a company such as Nokia should respect their customers wishes and stop with the, albeit financially correct, mentality that support for a device stops as soon as the customer buys it or soon after.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Slender i have FINALLY worked you out ha... your father has a huge share in Nokia and as you both live in Finland the very home of this company is the reason you will not tolerate any bad talk of Nokia HAHA now we all know !!!. :-)

Tags
oh boy here, we go again, why do birds..., worstthreadever