Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Houston, Texas
Just now getting around to looking at Maemopad after having had my N800s for a year-and-a-half, mainly because I found it could do checklists (still looking for a good shopping list program!).

Is anyone aware that there is a BUG in this application when you go from text entry (stylus) to text-entry (OSK) that the text is not returned to the application?

Also, I would have expected that in Checklist mode you would have the ability to create a new list entry, but so far the only method I can find is to copy a list from another object and then paste into the checklist.

Despite the attractive price of "free" software, there's a lot to be said for a well-thought-out application at a nominal price.

Posts: 263 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Sigtuna, Sweden
Look also at mnotes, simple checklist,
quicknote,
and notecase, more advanced.

Also shopper.

I'm new to Maemopad+. Is there a "search" or "find" button somewhere? I could not find it, nor could I see a "find" command in the tool bar. Many thanks.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
I don't think there is, unfortunately.

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Since I've been working on MaePad during the last few weeks, I noticed that some cool changes (searching) in Maemopad+ from 2008 have never been officially released and packaged, so I set out and spent some time on Maemopad+ today.

The result is a new release: Maemopad+ 0.36 is currently in the autobuilder and should be available in Diablo Extras-Devel soon. The Maemopad+ homepage has more information about the current status of the project and supported OS releases.

As part of this update, I've also taken the time to convert the SVN repository to a Git repository to allow easier maintenance and not depend on a centralized repository. You can browse the Git repository online.

This is the first new Maemopad+ release since October 2008.

Patches and translation updates are still gladly accepted, and I'll try to merge them as they come in and eventually do a new release if several changes do pile up. The more likely case (I think/hope) is that some kind of Fremantle (with Hildon 2.2) will come to the N8x0 devices (Mer?), so that all users can eventually make use of MaePad on the N800 and N810.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Installed and tested 0.36 and it's really a neat, small structured note taker.
Will absolutely play more with it. Thanks for updating this.
Any more features bug-fixes (ex: you can't rename the top node if there is no sub-nodes present or the app will close down) planned?
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
Any more features bug-fixes (ex: you can't rename the top node if there is no sub-nodes present or the app will close down) planned?
If you provide a nice bug report with step-to-step instructions that illustrate the bug, I might be able to give this a shot. Features won't be added due to time constraints (submitted patches will be applied, however), but fixing crasher bugs should be doable

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Bug.

1) Open up Maemopad
2) File>New data file
3) Rename "My First memo" node to "Studies'
4) The app crashes

The only 'feature' I'd love to see would be the ability to add an image file as a node.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

The Following User Says Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post:
1) Open up Maemopad
2) File>New data file
4) The app crashes
Thanks for this excellent bug report, and sorry that it took so long for me to catch up on the issue. I was able to reproduce this bug and after inspecting the core dump with gdb, I found that the code was free'ing a static string, which is not so good

The fix is already in the Git repository, and the new version (0.37) tagged and ready to be uploaded to the Extras builder for Diablo.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
Bug.

1) Open up Maemopad
2) File>New data file
4) The app crashes

The only 'feature' I'd love to see would be the ability to add an image file as a node.
The resulting message is:

Init: 0x46567270
ERROR:dbus-gproxy.c:2269:dbus_g_proxy_marshal_args_to_message : code should not be reached
Aborted