Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Thanks to yet another Google+ posting...

Herb Greenberg: The Worst CEOs for 2012
Stephen Elop, Nokia

http://www.cnbc.com/id/47030593/Herb...r_2012?slide=3

Well, you can't say he didn't earn this distinction a few times over with his career. Nokia is DEFINITELY his prize failure under his watch. Best line of the article: "Securing Elop’s name on this year’s Worst CEO candidates list: Nokia’s Easter Day launch of its long-awaited Windows-based phone. Easter. Really?"
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
With all this grim news I feel like getting my N9 was like Indiana
Jones grabbing his hat before the stone door slams shut.

So glad I got it before Elop released that door!

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Make N9 fluid and smooth, without stuttering or feeling like you are watching 1970s TV set and you have a chance to sell a cool device. Why cant NOKIA software engineers come up with a smooth product????? If N9 is the culmination of all the N series work, then something is amiss!!!
Have you ever used a Nokia N9 ?

I own, use and develop for Nokia N9. It is very fast, smooth and stable, the battery lasts for some days. I also have Easy Debian working (OpenOffice opens in 10s, try it in your desktop PC...), overclocking @ 1,35 GHz, Firefox with Flash, gcc/g++ compiling, etc.

WP7 is a dumbed down mobile OS, more than Android and iOS are.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
Have you ever used a Nokia N9 ?

I own, use and develop for Nokia N9. It is very fast, smooth and stable, the battery lasts for some days. I also have Easy Debian working (OpenOffice opens in 10s, try it in your desktop PC...), overclocking @ 1,35 GHz, Firefox with Flash, gcc/g++ compiling, etc.

WP7 is a dumbed down mobile OS, more than Android and iOS are.
I own three N9s bud. Sorry, but I think you dont know what smooth is. It stutters, lags, and is not smooth. WP7 is smooth. iphone is smooth. The kind of stuttering and lagging may be OK for a Third World country, but will not be tolerated in US.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Tolerate maemo.org here, ur get deffective n9, lol

im lankkuman,

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Lumiaman distracting from the Worst CEO award chatter in a thread about Nokia stocks (which aren't doing well) by criticising the N9. Anyone else wondering if he's an Elop goon?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The kind of stuttering and lagging may be OK for a Third World country, but will not be tolerated in US.
Erm... wow. Worse has been tolerated and allowed in the US. From the RAZR to the original iPhone, no release in the US has been spectacular from its beginning. Hell, I wonder what were people thinking liking Windows Mobile 2003 when Psion was a much better release overseas.

And don't get me started about Blackberry. I've never owned one, never will...

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Lumiaman distracting from the Worst CEO award chatter in a thread about Nokia stocks (which aren't doing well) by criticising the N9. Anyone else wondering if he's an Elop goon?
My vote would be for something else, but Elop goon... I can see that.

hahahahahahahahaha......Lumia 900 has done, what no Symbian or Maemo phone have done in the US. Sell!

hahahahahahahahaha......Lumia 900 has done, what no Symbian or Maemo phone have done in the US. Sell!
Nokia has done what they didn't do with any other Symbian or Maemo phone in the US - advertise and deal directly with the carriers.

Closed Thread

Tags
goodbye nokia, investing, last quotes, lumiatard, samsung, specc=ericsson, stock, the elop flop, the flop elop, tizen