Poll: How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB
Poll Options
How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Penang, Malaysia
Hi, Joerg_rw

Do you have any blog or any video in order to show how much progress that Neo900 have made now?

Thanks

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to blood_falcon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
short update:
the paypal issue got solved since some 6 weeks.
Let me officially welcome Hellekin as our new crew member who will take care about website updates and newsletters, blog, etc, so updates should soon start to come more frequently and more joy to read.
Besides contracting Hellekin and introducing him to the Neo900 internals, I've also been busy with taxes, and with our generous sponsor - more on the latter in a week or two maybe.
Then Werner and me worked on refining several of our whitepapers that serve as specs for the design. We also resumed sourcing those 250 N900.

for R&D of the prototype I'm still stuck at deciding which is the best way ahaed, given our complete task assignment and project planning got a tad scattered by GDC not doing the proto_v2 layout. Since this is a decision with long term severe implications, I need to carefully evaluate all options we have.
Newsletter by Hellekin soon to come, with more.

cheers
jOERG

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
I actually dreamt, a few nights ago, that the Neo900 was out. I remember very accurately trying to see how thicker it was compared to my good ol' N900. Now I'm sad.

I know we're far from release, and there are still issues to solve plus others will appear before we can have a clear view on the future, but do we have a rough estimate of the release year? If the team is reluctant towards saying anything in public in fear that it would be taken at face value by readers and then be the ground for complaints, then even a very rough estimation kept off the record by PM would be fine with me. :>

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
I actually dreamt, a few nights ago, that the Neo900 was out. I remember very accurately trying to see how thicker it was compared to my good ol' N900. Now I'm sad.

I know we're far from release, and there are still issues to solve plus others will appear before we can have a clear view on the future, but do we have a rough estimate of the release year? If the team is reluctant towards saying anything in public in fear that it would be taken at face value by readers and then be the ground for complaints, then even a very rough estimation kept off the record by PM would be fine with me. :>
I'm very optimistic that 2016 will be the year. We can't actually afford it not being it.
/j

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
heh, that went from 'reassuring' to 'deeply worrying' at rocket speed

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wolke View Post
heh, that went from 'reassuring' to 'deeply worrying' at rocket speed
Well, a few guys working for Neo900 actually cost money per time, just like the infra and other administrative tasks and taxes do. I can't afford long delays (beyond 2016) unless I fire or suspend all staff and freeze the UG. Nothing to feel 'deeply worried' about though.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
Well, a few guys working for Neo900 actually cost money per time, just like the infra and other administrative tasks and taxes do. I can't afford long delays (beyond 2016) unless I fire or suspend all staff and freeze the UG. Nothing to feel 'deeply worried' about though.
I'm not an investor; regardless I wish the best for you guys. Kudos on keeping the conversation and communication going. That's more reassuring than other projects tend to offer.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post

Well I barely even log in to these forums but I did so today with the specific intention to post in this thread that last night I dreamt that the Neo900 was out.

So I open this thread and your post lies first right in front of my eyes. Is the Neo900 team experimenting with massive brain control?

Now I'm legit scared.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ England
Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
Well I barely even log in to these forums but I did so today with the specific intention to post in this thread that last night I dreamt that the Neo900 was out.

So I open this thread and your post lies first right in front of my eyes. Is the Neo900 team experimenting with massive brain control?

Now I'm legit scared.
Well, to be honest, very similar here! My N9 refused to work yesterday after I tried installing nfs support with the whole bunch of unresolved dependencies. I actually emailed Joerg right away regarding the progress of my Neo900 board...

To cut the long story short, I'm a bit stuck with a bit of trouble reflashing my N9 (mainly due to Nokia servers supporting the firmware being shut down and lack of time to search for alternatives), yet trying to find a solution to backup my contacts, personal files, etc. At the moment re-using my wife's old Palm Pre which is usable but not really my cup of tea, after having used N900 and N9.

So, Joerg, is there any more specific date you are trying to aim at with the release of your Neo900? Give us at least some info whether it might be 2nd, 3rd of 4th quarter of 2016, please! I dare to think rather of 3rd and 4th ones although I really would like to make a note in my diary... Thanks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pbox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
I'm very optimistic that 2016 will be the year. We can't actually afford it not being it.
/j
Thanks a lot for the very honest and transparent communication! I did not expect 2016 (I think I've read it somewhere a couple years ago, but thought it was not the current plan anymore), very good news!

I guess the software part might take longer to be 100% operational.

Originally Posted by ammyt View Post

Now I'm legit scared.
I'm afraid we are alter ego and should spend the rest of our life together. It's obvious that we are connected and should not waste it. I hope you're cute and don't snore too much.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2016-03-25 at 16:30.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:

Tags
neo900, thank you!