Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I'll update as well: for me, I found that I needed to boot to flash and run:

Code:
fsck.ext2 -fy /dev/mmcblk0p2
I found I had to run this twice, to get all of the errors... Stupid cheap SD cards.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Now my Hildon Desktop keeps crashing and restarting. The logs show that first maemo-launcher gets an error ("child (pid=3583) terminated due to signal=11"), then hildon-desktop crashes ("DSME: process '/usr/bin/hildon-desktop' with pid 3582 exited with signal: 11")... Or maybe they're both hildon desktop...

Just annoying, not fatal...

Another recent bug is the browser says, "Unable to open storage location" when first opened, but then functions normally afterwards.

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Qole,

The same started happening to me last night, but I own a N810.

I did not installed any new application recently, so I don't think is software related.

It does not matter if I boot from flash or SD. But if I unplug the charger, it does not reboot.

By the way, when I plug the charger, the small indicator does not moves as usual, it is not animated. And when I unplug the charger it does not show the "Remove the charger from the powe supply to save energy" message.

How did you solve this problem? Is it related to the battery? Mine is 15 months old.

Thanks.

alephito: I posted my solution above. I suspect a fresh flash would also fix the problem.

Your solution does not work for me since fsck does not find a ext2 superblock.

I will have to reflash.

I am booting to SD. Do I have to make two backups (one for flash and another one for SD) and then reflash my N810 twice (in flash and SD) or the only option is to start it over and clone again with PenguinBait utilities (losing all my changes in SD)?

(I hope it is clear).

Thanks.

fsck did not work because my partition is ext3 and not ext2. Is there any equivalent command?

Last night it did no rebooted while charging. I will wait and see how this evolves.

Thanks.

There should be an fsck.ext3 that will work with your partition type. I don't recommend a journalling filesystem on flash media, but to each his own.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Seems to me that fsck ought to work, as per this thread, posts #6-thru-9, although the command is a little different than you have listed here. (Also, I don't know the difference between -fy and -y in the command, but usually I've seen it as -fy; don't know if it was an omission by Penguinbait, or if it matters.)

Originally Posted by qole View Post
There should be an fsck.ext3 that will work with your partition type. I don't recommend a journalling filesystem on flash media, but to each his own.
I do not anything about linux (this is my first and only linux device). The ext3 partition was created by PenguinBait's Tools.

I am completely lost with this thread.

So far, no reboots, but the battery indicator does not works as usual: it does not show that is charging and sometimes is invisible (?).

Thanks.

I talked too soon: it just rebooted.

I do not know what to do. If I reflash it I would have to clone it again, wouldn't I? Can I have a backup of the cloned system?

Tags
delay, multiboot, n800, reboot