Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by leetut View Post
yey i got it working!!
i had win7 'wake up capabilities' set to 'magic packet'
and could wake from sleep only

but in the same settings i also have to have 'shutdown and wake up' set to 'enabled'
the guide i was following missed that part out,
now it wakes from shutdown, yippee its great this!!

Congratulations!

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

The Following User Says Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 355 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Germany
Can I enter an interface? Maybe I could wake up over vpn.

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
I have problem with my mac address when i type it 00:0E:XX:XX:XX:XX and press wake up, program says broadcasting to 0:E:XX:XX:XX:XX so it loses two zeros somewhere...

it drops the redundant leading zero. mine does the same but still wakes up my PC no problem.

If you buy a niche, highly modifiable smartphone and proceed to mess it up by blindly screwing around, don't just blame the phone, also blame yourelf.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pigro For This Useful Post:
I dont get my pc woken, does this work only on lan or can you use this outside lan?

in LAN only. check your BIOS to ensure your network card stays powered up when the PC is in standby. If you need to wake from outwith LAN check your router. Many (eg. Netgear) allow you yo wake LAN PC's from the routers web interface.

If you buy a niche, highly modifiable smartphone and proceed to mess it up by blindly screwing around, don't just blame the phone, also blame yourelf.

Originally Posted by Pigro View Post
in LAN only. check your BIOS to ensure your network card stays powered up when the PC is in standby. If you need to wake from outwith LAN check your router. Many (eg. Netgear) allow you yo wake LAN PC's from the routers web interface.
I have everything sorted, i use wakeonlan.me website and it wakes my comp everytime