Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
I just installed PR1.2 on my N950 after I backing it up, but after restoring the backup file without getting any error messages nothing seem to have been restored. What should I do? I really need my contacts, calendar, memos and messages..

Thanks,
Laasonen
Wlan Driver Selector Applet - Switch easily between stock and bleeding edge drivers

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by laasonen View Post
I just installed PR1.2 on my N950 after I backing it up, but after restoring the backup file without getting any error messages nothing seem to have been restored. What should I do? I really need my contacts, calendar, memos and messages..

Thanks,
Laasonen
Didn't you export your contacts to your Nokia account before?
Did a reboot didn't help either?

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Didn't you export your contacts to your Nokia account before?
Did a reboot didn't help either?
I tried rebooting, forcing tracker to update, reflashing and restoring again without any results. Trackerbackup seems to be corrupted on all my backups ;( Why didn't the backup software ever warn me about this? I just enabled my Nokia account and it fetched data for minutes, but it didn't restore anything. Any ideas?
Wlan Driver Selector Applet - Switch easily between stock and bleeding edge drivers

Last edited by laasonen; 2012-06-21 at 18:32.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by laasonen View Post
I tried rebooting, forcing tracker to update, reflashing and restoring again without any results. Trackerbackup seems to be corrupted on all my backups ;( Why didn't the backup software ever warn me about this? I just enabled my Nokia account and it fetched data for minutes, but it didn't restore anything. Any ideas?
Arghh... Hmmm.. I'm really sorry to hear this... What about the contacts BEFORE you had the N950? Don't you have a device with some numbers?
I always make a backup with my google account... And also export the numbers to the mass storage....

I'm very sorry to hear this...
I really don't know how I can help you further

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Arghh... Hmmm.. I'm really sorry to hear this... What about the contacts BEFORE you had the N950? Don't you have a device with some numbers?
I always make a backup with my google account... And also export the numbers to the mass storage....

I'm very sorry to hear this...
I really don't know how I can help you further
I have couple months old .vcf-files on my computer and I now managed to create some kind of sql-dump from the trackerbackup even thought it was corrupted, I'm now trying to create a database to my computer whit it and after that I'm going to try create a script which create .vcf-files from it. Hopefully my new contacts haven't been be lost forever

Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
If before PR1.2 you were using the original firmware that comes on the device, then, yes, sorry, the backup software didn't work properly, and restoring prerelease backups onto PR1.x devices would likely screw things up too.

Not that it's much help for you now (given you can't downgrade), but this was the recommended upgrade route that we worked out:
http://wiki.meego.com/Migrating_from...ta_1_to_beta_2

The Following User Says Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Also, if your contacts are potentially in Ovi, this might be of use:
https://exportcontacts.ovi.com/
Although I had issues when using prerelease N950 software that it would helpfully wipe the Ovi contacts when attempting to restore contacts onto an empty phone. Tasty tasty dataloss.

The Following User Says Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vitaminj View Post
If before PR1.2 you were using the original firmware that comes on the device, then, yes, sorry, the backup software didn't work properly, and restoring prerelease backups onto PR1.x devices would likely screw things up too.

Not that it's much help for you now (given you can't downgrade), but this was the recommended upgrade route that we worked out:
http://wiki.meego.com/Migrating_from...ta_1_to_beta_2
I should read wiki more :/

Originally Posted by vitaminj View Post
Also, if your contacts are potentially in Ovi, this might be of use:
https://exportcontacts.ovi.com/
Although I had issues when using prerelease N950 software that it would helpfully wipe the Ovi contacts when attempting to restore contacts onto an empty phone. Tasty tasty dataloss.
"There are no contacts in your account that can be exported."