Notices

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 1,373 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Sweden
Thanks for the update, but where are the translation files? Pure Maps is in English for me.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by eson View Post
Thanks for the update, but where are the translation files? Pure Maps is in English for me.
Thanks for reporting. It should be fixed now in 1.21.1, please test

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 1,373 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Sweden
Translation is back. Thanks!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:
It would be great if there is a possibility to select an already bookmarked location in the from/to field of navigation page, like a drop down or similar. I am aware of the 'navigate to' and 'navigate from' options under a bookmarked location. But if I am to navigate between two bookmarked locations, I find no way to route between those two, unless either I enter the address of one bookmarked location manually and search provider finds it or enter the location co-ordinates.

Came across a possible bug while testing routing between random locations around the globe. Routing results indicated unreasonable remaining distance when routing between two points that are not any close to my current location. But the result also showed the actual distance between the points as 'Total'. Looks like it considers the distance from my current location to destination. Attaching a screenshot of the observation.

Edit: Using Online profile. Routing service is Stadia Maps.
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 191 | Thanked: 271 times | Joined on Mar 2015 @ Germany
@:rinigus.

Finally i manages to complete German Translation hope so there are no issues.
Otherwise i noticed pureMaps is on my jolla1 complete in english.
Is this a bug or while translation was not complete?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to monkeyisland For This Useful Post:
@lal: regarding the bug in terms of distances - its always adding distance from your location. Whether it should be so, that's another question.

regarding drop downs: in some respect you get similar to dropdowns functionality already:

- shortlisted bookmarks are shown as soon as you press To/From. For "To", they are already listed before destination is selected. So, that's 1-2 click away

- other bookmarks are searched for when you start typing a string in To/From dialog. Just label bookmark with some string ("Work") and start typing it. The bookmark should show up

Note that this design works well with many bookmarks. During travel, you could just shortlist relevant bookmarks (hotel, for example) to make them easily accessible via the interface.

@monkeyisland: thanks, I'll try to release point release with translations updates.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
@rinigus, naming the bookmarks work well. Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lal For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
This is curious. I can reproduce it reliably, on a Jolla and on Xperia X.
But it seems no one else is complaining.
Well, I'm not sure, I did in one of my posts (to lazy to search).

But I do know this behaviour. Everytime it happens (PM refuses to start again in these cases), I open SFOS's terminal, check if a PM is already running with "ps -aux | grep pure" and kill the running PM-process with "kill -9 [PID]" (well, it's Linux beneath and you're able to do - in contrast to other mobile-OSs ).

The problem seems to be, that PM doesn't quit completele sometimes and keeps running in the background without being noticed by an open "window" (as long you as you don't kill it like mentioned above or restart the device like you did) - the flashing GPS-icon you observed could also be a hint on that.

If you try to start PM again in such case, the "initializing"-screen appears and disappears and PM refuses to start - until killing the "hidden" running PM process or reboot. After that, PM can be started witout any problems.

For me, I think the problem is known, there's a workaround for it (ps & kill or reboot) - so, no more thing to complain about.

It's just one of the slight downsides (which will be hopefully corrected sometimes) of using the only mobile OS which seems to be OK in terms of privacy...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BGK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
@pichlo, let's try to simplify our case. Would you mind testing it with online services and without map matching? That would eliminate OSM Scout Server from our issue.
rinigus, I'm quite sure, OSMSS isn't part of the problem.
If PM is closed, it sometimes somehow keeps running in the background. If we could find out *why* it does, we could solve the problem.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BGK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by BGK View Post
rinigus, I'm quite sure, OSMSS isn't part of the problem.
If PM is closed, it sometimes somehow keeps running in the background. If we could find out *why* it does, we could solve the problem.
Well, it could blocking TCP/IP connection that somehow is persistent on localhost. We had a bug in Qt that didn't allow us to use MapboxGL with localhost while device was offline. To go around it, I had to build MapboxGL with libcurl instead of using Qt network libs. On OSMSS side, I still use Qt libs for parts in network stack (not much though).

*why* would be great to know, but that's a reason I am trying to eliminate parts. OSMSS and Pure Maps communicate via HTTP (MapboxGL) and DBus (map matching). Using Pure Maps online without map matching (ideally without OSMSS running at all) would drop DBus from the suspects list.

As for other components - take your pick: Pure Maps, pyotherside, Qt, Silica, to name few. I think we tried to debug it and get some backtraces, but we either didn't get any wiser or we didn't finish it.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: