Closed Thread
Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
Higher res video still would look better than a lower res or a pixel matching resolution (800x480) video on the N900's screen. I did get 1280x720 videos to play on my N900 using mpalyer. But it is painfully slow. About 3-5 fps with my overclocked 1Ghz N900. Sound is fine but video is non-watchable and out of sync. Wish mplayer used the DSP. Then it may be able to play most HD files.
It's virtually impossible for a video to look better than a video with the same resolution as the screen. You're almost certainly better off reencoding an HD video to 800x480 using a good encoder with a good scaler than relying on the N900 to do high quality scaling in real time. Either way, you're looking at a 800x480 picture on the N900, any other resolution is physically impossible. The only case where it might be a bad idea to reencode is when you've got the video in a stupidly low bitrate to begin with. [/offtopic]

PR 1.2 = within the next 2 weeks.

Well another week and no new firmware wa wa waaaaa. Glad I got rid on my N900 and got a good old iPhone, loving it too.

Nokia won't be getting any more of my cash!!!

nokia are pretty sad no to have fixed these bugs in n900.... i blame nokia and maemo team tbh.

Originally Posted by berty View Post
Well another week and no new firmware wa wa waaaaa. Glad I got rid on my N900 and got a good old iPhone, loving it too.

Funny, why it is concern you anymore. ...

I laugh if pr 1.2 still has bugs.

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ St. Paul, MN
Originally Posted by berty View Post

How soon is your iphonoe firmware update coming? is there a speculation thread for it as well?

Originally Posted by flexmat View Post
Of course it will, thats why as soon as its out everyone will jump on the "where is pr1.3 bandwagon", but i for one will not (am not) gonna let a few bugs stop me enjoying what is an amazing device, at the end of the day a few bugs are well worth it when you consider just how open this platform is,

I still find myself looking here at least 5 or 6 times a day for news though, i know it'll come when it comes, but i realy hope its soon!

Originally Posted by flexmat View Post
It will. So will PR 1.3, Meego 1.1, iPhone OS 4.0, Windows, Linux, OSX, and any other operating system in the past, now, and in the future.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
It will. So will PR 1.3, Meego 1.1, iPhone OS 4.0, Windows, Linux, OSX, and any other operating system in the past, now, and in the future.
Maybe i wrong, but when you receive your phone and two days after, one month to repair it (PR 1.0), i call that of swindle not a problem of bugs.
Sorry for my english ;-)

Closed Thread

Tags
avoid thread, fictional update, firmware, fremantle, future, goodwin's law, it will be on 12.21.2012, maemo, maemo 5, may be it's a myth?, may be next week, maybe april fools, maybe not, patience is a virtue, patience wastes your life, post generator, pr 1.2, pr1.2, product release, repost, rerun, rick roll'd, speculation, update, worst thread ever