Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
I've put my take on the Nokia N900 as an ereader up at Teleread.org. For books, I think the N900 fits better than an iPhone as a Kindle companion reader. I'll post the same conclusion but from the perspective of a Nokia Internet Tablet user here shortly.
Read the article at ITT.

Last edited by RogerS; 2009-08-27 at 20:57. Reason: Fix title and add link

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RogerS For This Useful Post:
You need a new skin for ITT

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
It appears that ITT is deliberately being driven into the ground, or that's what I think whenever I go there.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
It appears that ITT is deliberately being driven into the ground, or that's what I think whenever I go there.
Just say no.

The Following User Says Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
The N900 as a Kindle partner.. seems kinda screwball. I think that with the screen being even smaller than previous tablets, where it was already a tad challenging to take it on as a document reader, you're truly pushing your luck with that kind of assessment.

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Now that there's Kindle for PC, the best Kindle partner is a Netbook, I think. The reason is that you can use a mind-mapping program such as Freemind to take notes, use a browser to browse, all while reading the text. I use it with Wine; right now I'm in Linux Mint reading my Kindle text and doing other stuff. I'm on an EEE PC 1000h. My tablets don't work with Freemind, and I don't find Labyrinth adequate, and besides, there isn't quite enough room to use a mind-mapper happily on a tablet. And you can't use Wine on a tablet, so you can't read Kindle stuff.