Hi,

Has anyone tried something like this?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-...8ef04998&tpp=1

Or any other capacity brands?
I believe that nowadays there aren't original ones, except unmounted from spare parts etc, so as I'm buying a new one, thought why not by one with a higher capacity

Last edited by pishta74; 2016-10-01 at 19:41.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pishta74 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by pishta74 View Post
Hi,

Has anyone tried something like this?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-...8ef04998&tpp=1

Or any other capacity brands?
I believe that nowadays there aren't original ones, except unmounted from spare parts etc, so as I'm buying a new one, thought why not by one with a higher capacity
There are lots of batteries that are advertised to have better capacity than the originals but most if not all are really bad quality, having at best the same capacity as the originals.
You just cannot tell without trying, I guess.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
There are lots of batteries that are advertised to have better capacity than the originals but most if not all are really bad quality, having at best the same capacity as the originals.
You just cannot tell without trying, I guess.
Aggreed. That's why I'm asking if anyone has some experience with any of them.
I once bought a laptop replacement accu that is advertised as higher capacity (pure Chinese btw) and indeed it is. But that guy already had some feedback on them, that made my choice easier.

Best,
Istvan

The Following User Says Thank You to pishta74 For This Useful Post:
I've ordered one and I'll report back (if I don't forget ) when I install it

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pishta74 For This Useful Post:
Hi, I tried a 1800mAh* GiXa Dynamic, last year. It was not the first battery I changed in my N9 but previously I had only used original ones. I was disappointed at the beginning, as I found it lasted even a bit less than the originals. After one year, though, it does not suddenly go down from 30 to 4 % under heavy usage, which happened a lot with the original ones.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JoeQuestion For This Useful Post:
I got the battery today, and replaced it already. I'll report within a few days with the impressions.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pishta74 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by pishta74 View Post
I got the battery today, and replaced it already. I'll report within a few days with the impressions.
What I suggest, to get some real data on power capacity use a cronjob that logs battery state every half-an-hour to a file.

Best of course to have such data from both batteries on the device, over many weeks of use.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
What I suggest, to get some real data on power capacity use a cronjob that logs battery state every half-an-hour to a file.

Best of course to have such data from both batteries on the device, over many weeks of use.
Well I'm not keen on making such efforts hahaha.
What I can say is more human readable. The battery lasts over 3 days with moderate usage (phone, email push, skype online all the time, some sms and half uasble web).
I'm ok with it. If I remember correctly the original battery lasted around 2 days on similar regime, and about half a day while idle in the end,.
So anyway, it's a progress.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pishta74 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
3 days with Skype always online?
Wifi or 3G, 2G?

The Following User Says Thank You to chilango For This Useful Post:
Is it possible to get battery information (capacity, discharge rate in mW, etc) in Meego? There is no usual /proc/acpi/battery/ subfolder and I haven't found anything like "*attery*" in /proc/ /sys/ etc.

The Following User Says Thank You to meego_leenooks1 For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery