Notices

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Germany, Oldenburg
Originally Posted by yukop4 View Post
tell you what-if i pass the hat around and those that want a decent music player like myself are prepared to donate money via paypal for you to get this app in extras and running properly would you agree to this
I do not own any of the Nokia internet tablet devices. That makes it hard for me to iron out most of the device-specific problems some of you mentioned. I guess t_moyashi can help with that.

As for the volume control, can anyone of you tell me which device is used for volume control on the Maemo platform? Is it /dev/mixer?

The volume control code is located in /core/platform/system_volume.cpp
There is an option to use the internal volume control of MPlayer instead of directly interfering with the sound driver via /dev/*. This requires recompiling the application. Perhaps somebody can do that?

The Following User Says Thank You to evilJazz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 83 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Germany, Oldenburg
Originally Posted by FRZ View Post
I like the full screen mode with the tap for play and pause. I wish though I could adjust the playlist as I see fit like in itunes other than just load the files into it.
It depends on what type of playlist you have created. Dynamic playlists can not be changed in order because they are automatically created directly from a predefined set of directories, thus, it is the directories that define the order of items in the playlist.
However, normal playlists (and the OTG playlist for that matter) can be adjusted. There is a special mode that allows moving the items around. It can be activated either via Edit > Move Item Mode or via the first button in the upper right corner.
HTH

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ 驚く為五郎
Originally Posted by evilJazz View Post
I do not own any of the Nokia internet tablet devices. That makes it hard for me to iron out most of the device-specific problems some of you mentioned. I guess t_moyashi can help with that.

As for the volume control, can anyone of you tell me which device is used for volume control on the Maemo platform? Is it /dev/mixer?

The volume control code is located in /core/platform/system_volume.cpp
There is an option to use the internal volume control of MPlayer instead of directly interfering with the sound driver via /dev/*. This requires recompiling the application. Perhaps somebody can do that?
Thanks evilJazz .
Thanks to your advice , now we can control volume in Quasar.
(though it is limited .)

[EDIT1]
In Maemo , we can control system volume through Gconf.
I'm trying hard to build it into Quasar ...

[EDIT2]
Because of my low abilities (I only can type "configure","make"
and "make install."),
some people misunderstood Quasar as if it was so buggy.
I'm sorry for it...

Last edited by t_moyashi; 2009-08-24 at 12:33. Reason: add

The Following User Says Thank You to t_moyashi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by t_moyashi View Post
Thanks evilJazz .
Thanks to your advice , now we can control volume in Quasar.
(though it is limited .)

[EDIT1]
In Maemo , we can control system volume through Gconf.
I'm trying hard to build it into Quasar ...

[EDIT2]
Because of my low abilities (I only can type "configure","make"
and "make install."),
some people misunderstood Quasar as if it was so buggy.
I'm sorry for it...
i really like quasar -great app -keep up the good work-volume is a problem and it would be great if it worked

thanks

ed

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ shanghai , China
Originally Posted by yukop4 View Post
hi where is the file in emelfm2-how do i search for it

cheers
I had same problem after using " quasar_0.96r169r31-maemo2_armel.deb " for installation . quasar won't load anymore . Can I ask for a step by step fix ? I can not locate the file " ~/.quasar/quasar.comf " .

Thanks !!!

[QUOTE=deter3;315280]I had same problem after using " quasar_0.96r169r31-maemo2_armel.deb " for installation . quasar won't load anymore . Can I ask for a step by step fix ? I can not locate the file " ~/.quasar/quasar.comf " .

Thanks !!![/QUOTE use emefm2--go to home/user/quasar change all 3 instances

The Following User Says Thank You to yukop4 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 275 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Raleigh, NC
Originally Posted by deter3 View Post
I can not locate the file " ~/.quasar/quasar.comf " .

Thanks !!!
He meant .conf rather than .comf

The Following User Says Thank You to mfortner For This Useful Post:
Posts: 99 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ shanghai , China
I had successfully installed " quasar_0.96r169r31-maemo2_armel.deb " and no problem in loading . But once I reboot the NIT , all configuration was lost . Once I uninstalled quasar , everything will come back again . I had tried twice and the problem is always there . Hope this bug can be fixed soon . I'd love to use quasar .

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
Originally Posted by deter3 View Post
I had successfully installed " quasar_0.96r169r31-maemo2_armel.deb " and no problem in loading . But once I reboot the NIT , all configuration was lost . Once I uninstalled quasar , everything will come back again . I had tried twice and the problem is always there . Hope this bug can be fixed soon . I'd love to use quasar .
From earlier in the thread, and added to the first post
-----
Tips :

Sometimes, quasar fails to be launched.
>> Editing "/home/user/.quasar/quasar.conf" , you can solve this problem.

Code:
[QuasarMainWindow]
hadFrame = 0

to

Code:
[QuasarMainWindow]
hadFrame = 1
-------

Last edited by Nelson L. Squeeko; 2009-09-15 at 19:23.

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
I noticed in the first post that there is a new file to get the volume to work. I'm getting errors when trying to install it (Incompatible Application package)

Tags
itunes, quasar