Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by joelsk View Post
Anyone from Malaysia updated yet? N9 Black 64Gb no updates on NSU, Nokia Suite or OTA.
Feeling a little left out here...
my phone is running a malaysian variant; 059J238...once i plugged it into nokia suite, it got updated on the day of release itself...try that..

however, a clean reflash is the best solution as when nokia suite does a backup and restore to update the firmware, it may restore application data without restoring the apps so you will be clogging up the application data memory...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
my phone is running a malaysian variant; 059J238...once i plugged it into nokia suite, it got updated on the day of release itself...try that..

however, a clean reflash is the best solution as when nokia suite does a backup and restore to update the firmware, it may restore application data without restoring the apps so you will be clogging up the application data memory...
Tried NSU, OTA and Nokia Suite. Phone is up to date.
Downloading file to flash. Hopefully I don't botch the flash.
Nokia Care service here really really sucks

Originally Posted by Setok View Post
I don't think you can really make that comparison. Of the PRs, 1.1 was really what 1.0 should have been. 1.2 did bring new features —*fair enough. But 1.3 is a patch release with really no new features.

During my iPhone period we've received one major upgrade (iOS 4->5) and several patch releases. Another major upgrade coming soon. It's a different model, so I think it's difficult to claim N9 has been better supported. Particularly as no further major upgrades will be forthcoming and PR1.3 still has a bunch of pretty clear issues.
I agree that the comparison is not 100% fair, but at the end of the day I compare things that matter to me - let me emphasise that I do agree with the fact that PR1.3 should have brought more features (e.g., copy+paste in email, which is important at least for me, among other smaller things).

iOS -in my opinion, and given the amount of resources that Apple has these days- should have provided more. In my case, iOS 4->5 made the phone worse -much worse-, e.g., battery life to less than 50% of what it used to be (and it used to be bad to begin with) among other things. iOS 5 didn't include Siri for 4, only for 4s (so, they want you to get another phone). iOS6 will bring... basic renewed maps and some minor fixes here and there for 4 (as far as I can remember), the rest of the features for 4s. Also, I expect a very buggy maps with iOS, but I'm glad it's no longer gmaps.
All in all, the *only* "feature" I use the most of iOS5 is the "swipe to delete" emails. That's about it.

If you want me to make another comparison, then allow me: remember how crappy was the very first iteration of iOS? I think Nokia has done a lot better, considering that Harmattan is the first iteration of the Swipe UI.
I do think that Nokia supported N9 users way better than Apple does. And don't get me started with Android ;-)

Anyway, apologies about the OT - perhaps it's fueled by the fact that Nokia is ditching all further development on this platform, and I feel a little bit like when IBM's OS/2 was ditched (for those who used it and considered far better than Windows, you will understand ;-) ).

For reference, I use an iPhone 4 for business use, my N9 for personal use and lastly a Hawei (or however is spelt) modem for business use. More often than not, the N9 has the best reception; and I've just given up using the iPhone for things like checking train times and the like as the browser is just unacceptable, I very rarely use gmaps, even when abroad, I just find it better to use Nokia Maps. YMMV, of course, especially if you use Twitter/Facebook, perhaps the experience is better in the iPhone.

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by lifeintheblitz View Post
That's odd. May I suggest you try using Nokia Suite instead. I'm guessing our carriers are to blame for the slow roll out. I got my software update 1 day after PR 1.3 came out, but I didn't get an OTA notification, so I used Nokia Suite to update instead. Worked like a charm.
Maybe something jammed when i tried updating thru NSU,guess ill just try again if still no OTA notification later.Nokia care is good in this country,but when i called,they just told me to just try to check the update on the phone,maybe i just cant wait lol.

I also have the Malaysian variant black 16GB, but when I checked navifirm there is not PR1.3 update for the black 16GB model. The PR1.3 is out for the magenta,cyan,white and black 64GB. Anyone know why the black 16GB is left out?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
not all regions have received the pr1.3 update yet...just use the 64GB variant to flash...there is no issue...or use another country's 16GB variant...

Posts: 187 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Originally Posted by celestialguy View Post
I also have the Malaysian variant black 16GB, but when I checked navifirm there is not PR1.3 update for the black 16GB model. The PR1.3 is out for the magenta,cyan,white and black 64GB. Anyone know why the black 16GB is left out?
if you really can't wait, just download the firmware image for 64GB, it should be the same. Back in PR1.1, I used NSU to flash my phone (Black 64GB) and my sister's (Black 16GB), and they both are using the same firmware
but seriously, I would wait for OTA as PR1.2 is actually OK'ish

I'm not in a rush to get PR1.3, I'm just curious as to why the other colors have 1.3 but not black. Seems kinda odd.

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
they dont have clue what they talk about. Meego and QT is plain dead inside nokia. Stop beleive anything nokia saying now they are liers!!!
Lol, It might be a trick to finally Kill the N9, Elop is like, this is going to far, Lets release a Trojan horse Update.

after a few months, the phone Just starts having Reboot cycles etc...
Like what happened to me with Sony ericsson

I tend to be weary of updates now, after updating my messenger only to find that, they had put an Advert window in there, which ii could not close, Goodness,goodness.

Personally i don't think this update will bring anything GOOD, as N9 was D.O.A already. so now it is beyond Dead in the eyes of nokia. By Oh well.... SO it must be,

Last edited by Ashbeck; 2012-07-08 at 18:14.

Originally Posted by MarcAnton View Post
have the same problem since a view days, can't read read reviews of apps and store behaves very slow.

I hope they fix it soon
i just saw the same problem today... Did anyone devise a fix for it ? i updated with OTA, do people who have flashed see this error?

Tags
bugfix-focused, dashed hopes, nokia fanbois, popcorn, pr1.3, pr1.3 party, troll alert