Active Topics

Notices

yep, mplayer worked and i was even able to play *mkv file i have on my HTPC server.

Hmm.. Mplayer is alot faster at loading the video file for me than the standred Player. I have a flv file that the standerd player shows the 4 dots for like over a minute before playing. Mplayer just starts it right up.

I guess i can remove the devel version once an optifed version comes out.

When will the mplayer (finalized version) be available for the general public on N900? I am looking for a video player that can play movies along with separate subtitle file (.srt) and also be able to play .flv Flash videos.

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by plastik View Post
I created a very simple front end "SiB" for MPlayer on N900 which works quite similar to GMPlauncher which came with the pre-N900 MPlayer. It scans folders for video files and stores individual resume positions.

Even if MPlayer is not optimised for the N900 yet I still prefer it over the Media Player as it supports subtitles and can be controlled via keyboard.

If you like to try you can find it on extras-devel, but please don't go there if you don't know what your doing and don't want to break your shiny new gadget!
How do I get SiB to see hidden folders?

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
How do I get SiB to see hidden folders?
Go to "Folders"->"Add folder...". Then, in the file explorer window you have to long press an empty space and select "Show hidden files".

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to plastik For This Useful Post:
when trying trying to install SiB I get

Conflict with application packages: libqt4-maemo5-network(4.6.0~git20091218-0maemo1)

I have installed SIB player and Mplayer Movie Player. But i am not able to get SIB player started. It opens with a blank screen and closes after few secs.

Is there something else that needs to be done to make SIB player work?

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Germany
I think this is related to the latest QT4.6 updates. Who is the developer of SIB?

Best regards,
Corwin

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If I can help with anything else, just ask! Please click 'Thanks!' if this post was helpful.

Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
when trying trying to install SiB I get

Conflict with application packages: libqt4-maemo5-network(4.6.0~git20091218-0maemo1)
had the same problem before the update to PR1.1

because i had to use the NSU (OTA didn't work for me) the phone became reflashed and the problem is gone since then.

i think you need the PR1.1 installed to use SiB.
if you're having problems try KMPlayer instead.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
I also installed Sib and it didn't launch.