Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
With bme replacement (how was it before???), my n900 is quite sensitive to a partial-contact made whilst (ever so carefully) inserting the wall-charger connector.
This is very irritating for people using dual-cell batteries and charging with higher currents (1250 mA), as it limits charging to <500 mA, resulting in getting less-than-half-charged device, after usual "full charging" time passes. Not to mention that device "thinks" it's connected as USB client indefinitely, even after you unplug charger.

One can workaround it without rebooting device, by (ab)using hostmode applet - just select mode "peripheral with charging (it doesn't matter that you're in this mode already), then, issuing (as root):
Code:
osso-usb-mass-storage-disable.sh
...then plugging and unplugging charger, then issuing above command again, and finally, connecting charger back. At this point, it should charge as it should (in my case, full 1250 mA), without any illusion of being connected in USB data mode, nor side effects. Sometimes it need to repeat those steps 2 or 3 times, but will eventually get unstuck.

Originally Posted by Kossuth View Post
Has anyone used the BME-replacement with the new applet and how it works?
As you have seen in my post from CSSU thread, new version of applet may be PITA, in case it decides to use "design capacity" as "full". I always end up with nonsenses like 3300 current mAh, 1200 mAh max. Also, as shadowjk noted, even for people with "regular" batteries, it (percents, current charge, max charge) doesn't add up arithmetically, if you spend a minute and calculate it by hand.

Solution - modify one line in applet's source code, to make it use bq27x00_battery reported capacity with precedence over rx51_battery/bme reported max capacity, as the latter is plain BS. For kernel-power users (everyone and his uncle) it will work OK, for non-kp users, it will work just like to does now (aka report idiotic values, but still looking pretty, in case of regular batteries).

/Estel

// Edit

I hope CSSU guys will fix it or did so already - if it won't get fixed "upstream", I'll bloody do that one liner, and upload fork to extras-*. It would be, well, silly situation, but Meh.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
I've just installed the replacement and the mass storage popup appears after a long time. Any ideas why?

/edit: sometimes the popup appears after sliding out the keyboard, sometimes doesn't appear at all.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Last edited by marmistrz; 2014-09-19 at 18:35.

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 91 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Milan - Italy
hi to all
I'm testing the BME replacing from Pali. Great work!
But I have a BIG problem. I use a wall charger with 4 batteries. So when I change a battery the one I insert is not calibrated and I have 0/0.
Can I revert to original or old or CSSU BME? If I try to use the stok one (the link given above) it says is not existing

Thanks in advance

The Following User Says Thank You to alexporta For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
It's been several times. BME replacment reports battery low at ~400 mAh, turns of at ~300 mAh. And after reporting, the device shuts down so quickly that there's no time to even plug it into the wall charger. Any ideas how to fix it?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Tags
bme replacement, nokia n900