I've read about easy debian and the download with open office, gimp and firefox. I've read a lot of the thread (but no all, it's huge!), and I still can't figure out how to download it. It also saw that I need to download the easy-deb-chroot package, but I don't know where to find it. can someone help me out in installing it?
Also, one thing to note, I don't have enough memory yet. I ordered an 8 gb micro sd card and I should be getting it by next wednesday. I still would like to know ahead of time so I can get it right away.
One other thing, I got a class 6 micro sd card, so would that make it fast enough to run things like open office off of it?

Ok, I found the easy deb chroot package in the app manager! It's supposed to be 1.7 Mb, right?

Posts: 367 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Brooklyn, NY
yeah, easy is pretty nice and straight forward. just download the easy debian file and it will automatically download the other. when you run it, just make sure you have enough space on you sd card for the compress file.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FRZ For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
You need to run the install program in your Extras menu to download the big image file...

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Turkiye
by the way deblet repo. is not working. anybody to upload deblet packages?

@Qole, where do I find the big image file?

nevermind. I found it and downloaded it and it's ready. I'm having some problems with it though. Open office takes two minutes to open, and another three to open the docs, spreadsheets and the other stuff. Is that normal.

I also clicked the link in the menu for putting the CPU into proformance mode, and nothing happened. Is a window supposed to pop up or no.

I tryed a search on each of the two web browsers included, and they both crashed.

I currently have it installed on my N810's internal memory. I ordered an 8 gb class 6 micro sd card and I should be getting it soon. Once I get it, would It be smart to delete the whole thing and reinstall it onto the the micro sd card?

If anyone has any idea what I could have done wrong, please tell me. All suggestions will be accepted. thanks in advance!

Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
Originally Posted by 2733T View Post
nevermind. I found it and downloaded it and it's ready. I'm having some problems with it though. Open office takes two minutes to open, and another three to open the docs, spreadsheets and the other stuff. Is that normal.

I also clicked the link in the menu for putting the CPU into proformance mode, and nothing happened. Is a window supposed to pop up or no.
That sounds about right.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Three minutes to load a document is bit long..

Make sure you have 128 MB virtual memory set in your control panel. Also use only class 6 SD cards (or better). SD card speed is important.

You shouldn't have to delete anything to use your new card, just reboot the tabet then move the big image file using the File Manager.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
How to you make it install on your SD card please????

Tags
easy debian, firefox, micro sd, open office