Notices

Originally Posted by CepiPerez View Post

NOTES:
- For edit files you need to install Leafpad or PyGTKEditor.
If there's another great text editor just tell and I'll add to the list.
try nano
Code:
apt-get install nano
That is the one i use and i love it

Edit:
http://maemo.org/development/tools/doc/diablo/nano/

Originally Posted by dscobsct View Post
for me the multi select is acting buggy, it seems to be only with images but i could be wrong, but with multi select activated, on entering a folder i find 10 or so files selected, i can replroduce it by just moving out of the folder and back in again, not always the same files or same amount of files.
I can also confirm that issue. When multiselect is active and i open a folder some files inside that folder are already selected. The expected behavior would be, in my opinion, that after opening a folder no file inside that folder should be selected.

Let me also suggest that the context menu should include the cut and paste options. Paste should be lit whenever the contents of the clipboard are not empty.
Then when holding on a folder and selecting paste the contents of the clipboard should be pasted to that folder.
According to the cut or copy previous selection so the contents of the clipboard should be cleared.
This should make file copy and moving faster and easier.

Anyway great work CepiPerez. Filebox is getting better.

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Holland
Thank you very much, CepiPerez!

The previous button also has a nice functionality, it returns to the last scrolled position, in stead of the top of the folder, which the default file manager does. Saves a lot of re-scrolling

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Suriname
Have noticed FileBox is showing the 8GB SD card I have on my n900

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Czech Republic
Thank you very much, CepiPerez! I have some idea. IMHO better position for BACK button would be above buttons on the right side, because in portrait mode you have to strech your finger over whole device. Next bonus is more space for path bar. Maybe you could move settings button to apllication menu and home button to other buttons and now we have big path bar I am sorry only my idea. Do you plan add extracting compressed archives? One more thank you for your best file manager for mobile device.

Last edited by Figa; 2010-08-11 at 22:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to Figa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 384 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
Hi!
I wanna share you my impressions.
Good looking UI, nice features but I don't like multiselection reaction and the double click to enter to a folder or to open a file. You should try to keep the single click for all this and to add an option for multiselect by checking in a right box witch file to be sellected.
Also the keyboard shortcuts for copy,cut,paste, sellect all ... are not working!
I would love to see support for rar and zip archives and also an option to decompres the archived files(tar, zip, rar). That's will be realy needed.
In my oppinion if these issues will be fixed this FILEBOX (love the name) will be a powerful filemanager.
One more thing, the multiselection is buggy. When I enter to a folder, sometimes somefiles inside that folder are already sellected! I think if you keep the built-in file manager gesture, as I described, your application will be more friendly!
Hope you will keep in mind my oppinions!
Thank you!

Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
Currently I'm working on multiselection.
I've changed the buggy default for checkboxes
But I need to implement this to all functions
I already implement some shortcuts right now:
CTRL+A = select all
CTRL+D = deselect all
CTRL+F = select all folders
SHIFT+F = select all files
I will implement the rest later and see how to change the buttons interface for a better navigation in portrait mode.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
Sorry i missed a word in my former comment
i mean I am not seeing my 8GB SD card in FileBox

Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
What you see in /media/mmc1? Nothing?

Yes is OK now . See my files after a reboot.

Tags
file manager, filebox