Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
Don't give up on Nokia yet the Lumia900 is doing great in the US!

Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by s4br0s0 View Post
Yes i did.
Then your comprehension skills are on the WP fail scale, they teach comprehension to 5 year olds by the way.

If i told you, the new strategy is go to WP (and give reasons that we don't know all of them) and you say yes let's go for that strategy, who's fault is it?

I sold you the idea (i'm good seller) and you buy it (you dont make the best choice), now that you see it wasn't the best choice, you are going against me?
If you came to me and said here buy this, and the reasons are that I don't know the reasons, I'd laugh in your face because you're clearly not a good seller.
If you sold me junk on false information however, which Elop did, I'd never buy anything from you ever again, and I'd tell everyone around me not to listen to this clown, ever heard of word of mouth?.
If you were employed by me, I'd fire your *** and do everything in my power to make sure you never worked in the industry again.

Who is the boss here? Elop? Shareholders who put Elop as CEO?

Bad choice, take it like a man a deserve the money you lose, not cry like a baby.

If you don't want more Elop as CEO, next meeting talk about it.
Who's disputing this? Who's crying? Sometimes talking about stuff doesn't get the message through, sometimes you have to take action to make sure everyone knows what the deal really is.

Again if you'd actually read the article, or you didn't have the comprehension skills of a 4 year old, you wouldn't have missed this...
He doesn’t claim that Nokia didn’t know about the risks associated with the Windows Phone transtion.
Edit: This is priceless:

K) statements preceded by "believe," "expect," "anticipate," "foresee," "target," "estimate," "designed," "aim", "plans," "will" or similar expressions.

Who is the boss? Nokia o Windows?

…our ability to make Nokia products with Windows Phone a competitive choice for consumers, and together with Microsoft, our success in encouraging and supporting a competitive and profitable global ecosystem for Windows Phone smartphones that achieves sufficient scale, value and attractiveness to all market participants

For Windows Phone smartphones, no Nokia smartphones.
Did you have a point there? or did you think using pretty colours would mask the fact that your arguments lacked any substance?

Greetings...... lol

The Following User Says Thank You to HanzBlix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by automagic68 View Post
Don't give up on Nokia yet the Lumia900 is doing great in the US!
Yeah they're doing great, kind of like how Enron did great back in the day.

Despite elop/wp fanboys outcry, there is strong merit behind lawsuit, *ıf* it's true, that information they were given was faked on purpose. Sure, anyone with a brain sized as peanut or minimal common sense *should* know from the first second, what fail (lack of) new strategy is, but still, fake info on purpose is against law. Well, at least civil one - USA faked info, shown to their "shareholders" before Iraq "new strategy" and weren't lawsuit'ed, but Elop doesn't think he is such "big", does he?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-05-04 at 20:26.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
For Windows Phone smartphones, no Nokia smartphones.
After having used a Lumia 800 for a few weeks, I can tell you one thing: There is no such thing as a "windows phone smartphone".

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Now shareholders think WP strategy is a fraud?

I lose money so i sue?

They deserve to lose more money and lose the lawsuit for being ingenuous (for no say an strongs words).

This is more funny everyday.

Greetings.
Without shareholders there is no Companys.

Personally I think THIS REALLY WAS THE TIME STOCKHOLDERS WAKED!

but my guess is NOTHING will change anyway...

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HanzBlix View Post
Then your comprehension skills are on the WP fail scale, they teach comprehension to 5 year olds by the way.

If you came to me and said here buy this, and the reasons are that I don't know the reasons, I'd laugh in your face because you're clearly not a good seller.
If you sold me junk on false information however, which Elop did, I'd never buy anything from you ever again, and I'd tell everyone around me not to listen to this clown, ever heard of word of mouth?.
If you were employed by me, I'd fire your *** and do everything in my power to make sure you never worked in the industry again.

Who's disputing this? Who's crying? Sometimes talking about stuff doesn't get the message through, sometimes you have to take action to make sure everyone knows what the deal really is.

Again if you'd actually read the article, or you didn't have the comprehension skills of a 4 year old, you wouldn't have missed this...

Did you have a point there? or did you think using pretty colours would mask the fact that your arguments lacked any substance?

Greetings...... lol
Is good to be in same page as someone and still discuss poitns of view.

My point is very simple, the shareholder(s) can't cry because they should know what the risk are (and should know all the reasons, "we" [you and i] didn't), and they deserve lose money.

To me this is funny and sad, because a lot of people see this coming (Nokia falling down, not going up with WP strategy), but what we know??? We are consumers, if they marketing us a pink elephant as the super duper last thing, we probably buy it, right?

I totally understand what you mean and trust me, we are on the same page but saying different.

Greetings.

The Following User Says Thank You to s4br0s0 For This Useful Post:
Can we please not turn this topic into yet another OS bashing & Willy waving thread.

This is a rather serious sign of the "share holders" distrust in the path that Nokia have chosen that has the possibility to create a rippling effect throughout the business. But then It may just just be a flash in the pan, do we know who and how many of these shareholders have signed up in agreement to this lawsuit?

Last edited by MINKIN2; 2012-05-04 at 17:54.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by erendorn View Post
lol
but I really think partnering with Microsoft was a good thing to do. Some people at Nokia just didn't quite understood the concept of "transition", let alone gradual, smooth or progressive transition.. It's too late now, you cannot revive stuff, so let's just hope for them that WP will save them in the end.
what for? From the perspective of someone who loved Nokia because of the open, powerful smartphones they build, for the innovation behind maemo... Why should I be interested in them to somehow "survive" while throwing all these assets into the bin? What good is a Nokia that sells just crap? If they really want to die, let them.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
I don't remember where, but I remember someone saying something to the effect that "thinking of using a little Microsoft software in your company is akin to thinking about getting a little pregnant".

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rm42 For This Useful Post: