Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Well, clockworkmod completely borked my Tab (or more likely it's me who didn't do it well).
Thought clockworkmod was more foolproof - in the end, I only gave a restore command. After restoring the Tab couldn't wake up, only showing logo, and wasn't possible to boot into cwm by power-volume up.
Luckily I could recover the firmware with Odin and presently I'm in the process of restoring everything - or at least I hope so.
The Tab isn't much more reliable than the N900, in the end

The existence of Nexus Prime is now confirmed, thanks to a cease and desist by Samsung
http://www.netbooknews.com/33801/sam...evealed-by-cd/
This device will be a true beast. Thank you Samsung

The Following User Says Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Not sure if this has been mentioned before; however I am TOTALLY in love with MultiPicture Live Wallpaper... just dumped a ton of wallpapers onto my sdcard on my Xoom, set the folder, and they when I go from screen to screen, it changes the entire wallpaper.

Silly? Perhaps. Novel idea? More than likely. But damn it makes my machine feel like a different little animal. Just had a bunch of iPad owners go "ooh" and "ah" when I was looking for an app earlier today.

Been using Polaris Office from the Transformer on my Xoom lately too... loving it. And Sprinkle has me addicted. Great looking too. And the earlier linked WritePad Stylus has added landscape - all for 99 cents. It's become my replacement for Penultimate on the iPad almost 100% now.

MiniGore HD is coming out very soon - there's a leaked version out there if you're curious - and I can't wait.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Hi have not posted for a while as was having a frustrating time with my Tab and the battery which made it virtually unusable without it being permanently plugged in. After a few minutes of use I would get a low battery warning and a few seconds later it would be dead.

Returning the Tab for warranty repairs was not an option as now live thousands of miles from the UK. Searched and searched for a solution online and the only one I could find was to open the Tab and take out the battery for 30 minutes. I read the instructions on how to do this and decided this was not a task I was up for. Took it to a couple of repair shops to ask them to open it up. The second place quoted a stupidly high price considering they were not guaranteeing it would fix the problem and were not the ones that came up with the solution.

Well after a couple more months of frustration at not being able to use my expensive device I decided to return to Google. Well I found a couple of posts where people said they installed the Overcomes Gingerbread Rom and that fixed the problem. Sounded like a much better solution than opening up the Tab so decided to give it a try.

Well after a week I can report that the battery issue has not occurred since and I have had no other issues with the device. Well done to the Overcomers team for giving me my Tab back.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
Hi have not posted for a while as was having a frustrating time with my Tab and the battery which made it virtually unusable without it being permanently plugged in. After a few minutes of use I would get a low battery warning and a few seconds later it would be dead.

Returning the Tab for warranty repairs was not an option as now live thousands of miles from the UK. Searched and searched for a solution online and the only one I could find was to open the Tab and take out the battery for 30 minutes. I read the instructions on how to do this and decided this was not a task I was up for. Took it to a couple of repair shops to ask them to open it up. The second place quoted a stupidly high price considering they were not guaranteeing it would fix the problem and were not the ones that came up with the solution.

Well after a couple more months of frustration at not being able to use my expensive device I decided to return to Google. Well I found a couple of posts where people said they installed the Overcomes Gingerbread Rom and that fixed the problem. Sounded like a much better solution than opening up the Tab so decided to give it a try.

Well after a week I can report that the battery issue has not occurred since and I have had no other issues with the device. Well done to the Overcomers team for giving me my Tab back.
Dammit! Sounds GREAT but once again, I'm excluded as a Verizon CDMA Tab owner. F*** you, Verizon and/or Samsung! >.<
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

http://www.bgr.com/2011/08/29/verizo...me-in-october/
More on Nexus Prime. Apparently it will be launched as a DROID for you Verizon users. Kinda like the Nexus one was relaunched as the Droid Incredible and Desire.
Also I wrote an article on the importance of Nexus Prime, Archos G9, and Omap 4460.
http://worldoftommy.com/?p=38
As I see it a 4.3inch - 8inch device allows one to be truly mobile but still have space to be productive (IMO that why UMPC form factors are best especially the 7 inch form factor), but lets face it screen resolution, ram, CPU, GPU, and storage are pretty limiting Omap 44xx and VP8 should help fix that. Just imagine carrying around a 7 inch Archos 70/Galaxy Tab/HTC Flyer type device with an active digitizer it would be a perfect mobile workstation in your pocket no longer needing to carry around a notebook for video and audio editing. Also I expect Ice Cream Sandwhich to be more feature rich and Omap 4460 run Ubuntu nearly perfectly. My thoughts but the better question is what are yours? Also potential Ubuntu UMPC anyone?

Last edited by railroadmaster; 2011-08-30 at 03:15.

I wonder when Motorola will release their direct competitor, the Megadroid?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
LG Optimus Prime ..VS.. Motorola Megadroid, Fight!
(also Samsung Star[scream])

I wonder what the Xiaomi M1 would be?

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
WoooHooo!

Got my Nook Color Last Sat, got the mSD on Wed, Booting CM7 nightly o/c to 1200Mhz.

Loving it.

Started a Nook Color thread here in the competitors section.('cause I like this community)

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

The Following User Says Thank You to Snoshrk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Snoshrk View Post
WoooHooo!

Got my Nook Color Last Sat, got the mSD on Wed, Booting CM7 nightly o/c to 1200Mhz.

Loving it.

Started a Nook Color thread here in the competitors section.('cause I like this community)
Except for the lack of GPS (no hardware) and bluetooth (no working drivers yet), it's an INCREDIBLY good device, isn't it? My mom, of all people, LOVES hers--it replaces her iPod among other things, now.

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy