Closed Thread
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Thanks! And you are absolutely right on this one. But we need to do whatever we can to regain the trust in this community. However can we otherwise be of any benefit to anyone!
I really do like your attitude your an asset to this community, i am sure everyone is waiting with baited breath for your answer to all of this mess.

At least everyone will i am sure think of you in a good way so please keep up your good work and attitude, many thanks from me at least !.

THANKYOU nieldk.

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by kojacker
I wanted to answer it here in the hope we can keep any bad feeling from spilling over onto the coding competition thread
Nice words, thanks.

We have 25 devices to be won (plus Felipe's donated N9 makes 26). If your proposal was that anyone disappointed to miss out on a community award should enter the coding competition then I would think that's great! However, your proposal seems to be that we ring fence some devices from our competition and assign them sepcifically for people not to compete with everyone else on a fair basis in the rules of the competition. I hope you can understand that's a non-starter
I've proposed 2 possibilities :
- create a "hors-concours"/"special system softwares" category. Ok, it is not possible due to the timing of the "Coding Competition" (already started and rules fixed);
- the 3 cited authors participate in "Coding Competition", being accepted in "Updates to existing application" category. If so, I suggested to increase the number of devices for this categories from 3 to 4-5 devices.

I also hope you can work out any issues with the community awards directly with the council.
I've already talked a lot with the council in some TMO topics. There is no solution being proposed from the council to solve the issues of eyes, isnotabigtruck and qole not receiving a award device.

But I am contacting qgil about another personal and partial solution.

Originally Posted by kojacker :
Neither of the organisers of the coding competition (myself or zehjotkah) have ever been elected to council nor are we affiliated with Nokia. We don't have any involvement with the community awards, and we'd like the coding competition to remain seperate also.
Yeah, I know, thanks.

Again, we're open to everyone. If anyone would like one of our prizes then please come enter and earn one - we'd love to see you get involved! But that's the only way you'll get one.
I will try to convince eyes, isnotabigtruck and qole to participate in the "Coding Competition".
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Last edited by rcolistete; 2012-06-29 at 17:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Even though most have agreed this is sufficient (not, for sure, perfect) there still seems to be a few people that wants to have 'their heroes' awarded a device, no matter what it takes.
Please, as council members, let you all refrain to write provocative statements.

I am trying to give a solution without your (council) help, so please at least don't disturb it.
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Please do. Its going in circles with same arguments, from both parties.
No, it would be a non-democratic act. The purpose of this topic is valid and needed.

Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
I will try to convince eyes, isnotabigtruck and qole to participate in the "Coding Competition".
Great, they'll be very welcome if they'd like to join in

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

The Following User Says Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Can we please let this die already? Please.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Acidspunk For This Useful Post:
But I am contacting qgil about another personal and partial solution.
So here is my solution, I am donating/diverting my Nokia N9 (award from "New Apps for Nokia Store" activity due to "SymPy Interactive Shell" software) to itsnotabigtruck :

Topic "Donating (award) devices to eyes, isnotabigtruck and qole ?"

If possible anybody (from "Community Awards" or "Coding Competition") could help to exchange the N9 for a N950, as a N950 was the preference of itsnotabigtruck.

And feel free to donate to eyes and qole, they need a N950 and N9, respectively.

Last edited by rcolistete; 2012-06-29 at 17:17.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 138 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Switzerland/Zurich
So here is my solution, I am donating/diverting my Nokia N9 (award from "New Apps for Nokia Store" activity due to "SymPy Interactive Shell" software) to itsnotabigtruck :

Man, you have the biggest cojones of us all in this thread, possibly this TMO. A big tip of a hat, respect and bravo from my side to you!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to don.edri For This Useful Post:
i thought abill_uk was the biggest *** on these boards.

Turns out I was wrong - a bigger *** is on the council itself

Sorry abill_uk - you gotta hand over the turd crown now

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frappacino For This Useful Post:
You sir are the spirit that once made this community great.

A startling contrast to those who preport to represent it now.

If possible anybody (from "Community Awards" or "Coding Competition") could help to exchange the N9 for a N950, as a N950 was the preference of itsnotabigtruck.

And feel free to donate to eyes and qole, they need a N950 and N9, respectively.

Closed Thread

Tags
clarity, council fail, dishonesty, outcry, titfortat, trollmageddon, trolls, untrustworthy, whereisthelove