Notices

Posts: 191 | Thanked: 271 times | Joined on Mar 2015 @ Germany
I dont know if the issue comes from poor maps or osm scout server.
Now i can choose maps from osm. But when i try navigate with osm scout in poor maps osm scoit server will crash.
Offline search is also not possible.

The Following User Says Thank You to monkeyisland For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by monkeyisland View Post
I dont know if the issue comes from poor maps or osm scout server.
Now i can choose maps from osm. But when i try navigate with osm scout in poor maps osm scoit server will crash.
Offline search is also not possible.
If OSM Scout Server crashes - its a problem with the server, not Poor Maps.

I suspect that the crash is related to the change in the map format that was not tracked. See https://github.com/rinigus/osmscout-server/issues/61 . I have not updated libosmscout in the latest builds and the bug is still present in the current server builds.

To check if you are hit with the same bug, please reimport the maps using importers from https://github.com/rinigus/libosmsco...0.git.20170126 . Let me know if it helped.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 191 | Thanked: 271 times | Joined on Mar 2015 @ Germany
Hi there i tested to import a little map i take berlin-latest from geofabrik.
OSM cant open the map it shows an error.
so i dont have an x64 systems i compiled the importer tool by myself for powerpc.
the compiling works great and the map would be converted without errors but osmscout cant open this test map...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to monkeyisland For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Nov 2016 @ Prague
so i dont have an x64 systems i compiled the importer tool by myself for powerpc.
the compiling works great and the map would be converted without errors but osmscout cant open this test map...
Hi. What error you get? Can you share your generated map please?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to karry For This Useful Post:
The last version of OSM Scout Server was released against buggy (in terms of version control) libosmscout. Bug was found by @Karry and got fixed.

I would suggest to wait few days, since I am preparing a new release that would resolve this issue as well. Its progressing very nicely with only few issues to get resolved (milestone 0.7 at project's github page).

If you cannot wait, please use https://github.com/rinigus/libosmsco...0.git.20170126 for compilation of the importer. If you have used some other version, you would either get crashes or refusal to load the map.

cheers,

rinigus

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 137 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Guate
Hello @rinigus
i updated all my maps with libosmscout-importer.Linux.x86_64.tar.gz > 0.0.git.20170221 it is not work with osmscoutserver MSSG:ERROR: 13:12:47 It is not possible to open the database. work ok with karry-osmscout-sailfish

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to karlos devel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by karlos devel View Post
Hello @rinigus
i updated all my maps with libosmscout-importer.Linux.x86_64.tar.gz > 0.0.git.20170221 it is not work with osmscoutserver MSSG:ERROR: 13:12:47 It is not possible to open the database. work ok with karry-osmscout-sailfish
Hi @karlos devel:

please use only importer based on 0.0.git.20170126 for 0.6.x server.

@karry's osmscout is much smarter than a server in terms of version checks and I am not surprised it works over with that application. Its also newer and supports the last version format as produced by the importer based on 0.0.git.20170221 .

I am using libosmscout release 0.0.git.20170221 for 0.7.x development, I probably made a mistake by tagging it too early before release of the new version of the server. Just wanted to be sure that I don't forget to tag it this time.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
This is announcement for a new release: 0.7.0

This release introduces Map Manager and incorporates maps distribution via CDN. This is a major change in approach and should make the use of the server simple. In particular, use of geocoder-nlp should be easy and all dependencies are resolved automatically. I hope that you would enjoy using it!

Starting from this release, maps are supposed to be used only through download. This is to ensure that its simple to update and cleanup free space. It should also help with the incompatibilities between the versions. So, even if you had maps prepared for your devices, you would have to download new maps.

Distribution model is as follows. I have a file in the project github source that has a list of provided countries/regions/features and URL to CDN base. Location of the file will stay and you could always update the provided list via GUI/Map Manager. Then you would have to decide which countries do you want (through subscription) and whether you want to store files needed for geocoder-nlp. After that, start to download from CDN.

When you start new server, you would be asked to allocate a separate folder that OSM Scout Server would manage. Note that you are expected to let it perform all operations within that folder (or follow its lead when shown the files that it doesn't use anymore, for example). I am not allocating the folder automatically to give you more control over proceedings (~nemo, SD card, ...). If its too confusing, I can allocate .local/shared/harbour-osmscout-server for it. But that may lead to filling up of internal storage for some users.

The files downloaded by server are all tracked in a small database, so it knows the versions and timestamps for each of them. If you download files using @Karry's OSM Scout into the same folder, they would be unknown by the server. We would have to discuss with @Karry how to proceed and ensure that compatible maps can be used in the both applications, but that may take some time to figure it out.

With geocoder-nlp easily accessible, don't forget to specify which languages do you want to use for parsing addresses. Otherwise, libpostal may eat lots of RAM!

I will gather your questions and probably add also small Q&A into the first post of the thread, if needed.

I will work on making maps distribution simpler. For that, I plan to use @MartinK scripts to chop the planet into regions and import all polygons into github. It would take some time to make it all work, but should allow us to extend provided regions through github development process.

At present, I added a small credit for CDN. I do wonder for how long would it last, probably it would cover the first TB of downloads.

Now its a great time to propose your server space for distribution of maps. Or, propose a model where we could collect money for distribution. In the money collecting case, I would prefer to have it done via some organization, to stay away from all possible issues with taxes.

Its been lots of work on making it possible and I might have forgotten to mention something important.

Enjoy!

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 1,373 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Sweden
Top menu "Map Manager" and Settings/Maps storage "Select" is both unavailable for me.
This is output when starting Settings...

Code:
,---
| SailfishOS 2.1.0.9 (Iijoki) (armv7hl)
'---
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ harbour-osmscout-server
[D] unknown:0 - Using Wayland-EGL
[W] unknown:38 - file:///usr/lib/qt5/qml/Sailfish/Silica/private/Util.js:38: TypeError: Cannot read property 'parent' of null
[W] unknown:194 - file:///usr/lib/qt5/qml/Sailfish/Silica/DialogHeader.qml:194: TypeError: Cannot read property 'backIndicatorDown' of null
[W] unknown:189 - file:///usr/lib/qt5/qml/Sailfish/Silica/DialogHeader.qml:189: TypeError: Cannot read property 'backIndicatorDown' of null
[W] unknown:247 - file:///usr/lib/qt5/qml/Sailfish/Silica/DialogHeader.qml:247: TypeError: Cannot read property 'forwardIndicatorDown' of null
[W] unknown:242 - file:///usr/lib/qt5/qml/Sailfish/Silica/DialogHeader.qml:242: TypeError: Cannot read property 'forwardIndicatorDown' of null

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by eson View Post
Top menu "Map Manager" and Settings/Maps storage "Select" is both unavailable for me.
This is output when starting Settings...

Code:
,---
| SailfishOS 2.1.0.9 (Iijoki) (armv7hl)
'---
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ harbour-osmscout-server
[D] unknown:0 - Using Wayland-EGL
[W] unknown:38 - file:///usr/lib/qt5/qml/Sailfish/Silica/private/Util.js:38: TypeError: Cannot read property 'parent' of null
[W] unknown:194 - file:///usr/lib/qt5/qml/Sailfish/Silica/DialogHeader.qml:194: TypeError: Cannot read property 'backIndicatorDown' of null
[W] unknown:189 - file:///usr/lib/qt5/qml/Sailfish/Silica/DialogHeader.qml:189: TypeError: Cannot read property 'backIndicatorDown' of null
[W] unknown:247 - file:///usr/lib/qt5/qml/Sailfish/Silica/DialogHeader.qml:247: TypeError: Cannot read property 'forwardIndicatorDown' of null
[W] unknown:242 - file:///usr/lib/qt5/qml/Sailfish/Silica/DialogHeader.qml:242: TypeError: Cannot read property 'forwardIndicatorDown' of null
Map Manager should be disabled until Map storage folder is selected. So, that's OK.

What is very strange is that you cannot select Maps storage under Settings. Frankly, I cannot reproduce it. Would you mind to move away (don't delete - it maybe its needed in future for fixing this bug) OSM Scout Server settings and then try without your old settings?

Code:
mv .config/harbour-osmscout-server/harbour-osmscout-server.conf /home/nemo/
As for the messages, it doesn't seem that anything is unusual, at least at the brief look.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:

Tags
geocoder, linux, offline maps, router, sailfish os, tiles